Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First of all i want to say helo to everyone as i am new to this forum and playstation amulation. i never realy liked any amu's of the higher grade systems becouse it was to anoying to work for half a day to get a no sound-half colored amu of mario64 or a barly working 320-240 amulation of metal gear solid. today i went to a friend of mine and saw ff9 on his pc working perfectly so i asked him what amu he was using and went home feeling happy that soon il be playing playstation on my pc. well iv been messing with epsxe's video plugins for about four hours now and starting to feel a bit frustrated: tekken3 is to slow, chrono cross i cant see the menu! and breath of fire IV just looks amazingly funy(not in a good way).
Iv got 1.1Ghz amd,voodoo5500,and 128 mb so if anyone can plz offer me some help about the video plugins and there config il be really greatfull.
ps. iv been using pete152 openGL and i think its the one but i need help with the gargantuan internal config or maybe its not the one in that case: what should i use?
pss.sory about the lenght:emb:

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I'd recommend using Lewpy's. Be sure to read the documentation with it, as there are some options you'll need to enable to get ff9 looking perfect. You may also wish to search through some of the other previous ff9 posts for configuration help. I don't own a glide capable card so therefor I don't use Lewpy's plug-in so thusly I know nary a thing about configuring it, sorry!

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Dude!! I got almost the exact same computer specs as you do.. Check my profile.. All my games run near perfectly for me.. I use lewpys glide pluggin most of the time and petes d3d pluggin sometimes.. Try playing your games at 640x480 with 4xFSAA on using lewpys glide pluggin.. Or 1024x768 with no FSAA using lewpys glide pluggin.. For pixelated 2d though, you can't beat using the first config.. If you need an exact configuration for a game of lewpys glide pluggin, let me know.. I got all of the games you mentioned so far.. And do also read the documentations that come with epsxe and the pluggins like the fellow above suggested..

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think i love u! the games r working good exept for breath of fire IV (but i think its just cuz the game is crapy). thnx allot!
Now i have a realated question: wich cdrom and sound plugin i should use? i dont know the name of my cdrom drive but its a new fast one(sorry no more details about that) and its been giving me a bit of trouble.
I have sb pci128 on board what sound plugin should i use cuz the sound has been less than perfect

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Well the sound pluggin depends on a few facters..

1. The game you are playing
2. The soundcard you have

For FF9 I recommend you use iori's new sound pluggin.. It sounds the best in FF9 for me.. For MgS I use petes new direct sound pluggin 1.11 It fixes the sound problems with that game.. For the rest of the game, I would use the internal epsxe sound pluggin.. Or just do some experimentation like I do.. Get epsxe executor as it will help you greatly with different configurations of different games.. It also make the experimentation process a lot faster and easier.. Same thing with your cd rom.. First try the interal cd rom pluggin then test other and see if they run better.. Personally I use the internal pluggin most if not all the time without problems.. Certain cd rom drive problems can be related to DMA being enabled or disabled.. Updating your cd rom drive firmware can also fix some cd rom problems..

I have a SB live Xgamer pci..

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Try Iori's sound plugin and the internal cdr plugin. They work fine for most people in most games.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts