Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AnyOne Knows any plugin that uses glide to emulate GFX?
I have a Voodoo2 card, and i really love it. (I know it´s old) But it´s still better than my SIS 730 onBoard...

·
Registered
310 Posts
sorry glide plugins are not very much prioritized anymore(voodoo is dead)by the authors, may I suggest using SupraHle or UltraHle coz they are glide native, but i guess you know that already. The d3d plugin is your best bet in terms of compatibility and speed (the Ogl plugin is supposed to be fast for nvidia cards)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So sad...

Yeap, I know that 3dfx is dead, but i think we should support glide. Or else glide will die...

Anyone know someone that want to start a Glide GFX plugin based on UHLE GFX engine?

·
r|bb|t
531 Posts
I know how u feel Nuvem I have a voodoo2 too and i can play prokect64! :p
The opengl plugin is really bad here cuz i dont have a nvidia here and the d3d doesnt let me choose the voodoo for emulating...
But i don't love the voodoo that much :p i just dont have the money to buy a geforce! :p

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Yeah, I have a Voodoo2, too and I can't run pj64. Believe me, I tried all emus, all plugins, all configs, and the best I can tell you is:

-UltraHLE/SupraHLE runs prette well, but doesn't have a good compat.(although SupraHLE is trying to increase it)
-TRWin runs quite fine, but it seems to be no longer in development
-Blade64/TR64 runs ok with TR64's OpenGL plugin(the old one, 0.6 I think).
-PJ64 doesn't run at all
-Daedalus doesn't run also

These are the results I got

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeap. I know this.
For one year i´ve trying to find something that could make OPENGL run in my voodoo2. I found none, but only beta progs that i never made them work like WinGlide.

I don´t know why 3dfx never write good OGL drivers for voodoo2/bansheee/voodoo

I´ve got the same result as zephon;

When i run Zelda with my OnBoard Sis 16 MB 3d Card, i goto sound skippy and some slowdown but when i run in SUPRAHLE with my voodoo2, It´s better than the n64:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ogl for voodoo2

I too have a voodoo2 and my (our) biggest problem are the openGl only games (MDK2, Oni for example) you got to try WickedGl http://www.wicked3d.com it really helps in those cases and u can try to install the drivers directly into your windows dir so every ogl app will run them.

----
The reason why 3dfx never developed better ogl drivers for their cards? easy.. a few years ago most of the 3d accelerators where voodoos so making sure their boards would perform poorly in something else than glide would insure that developers would make the games 3dfx enabled if not exclusive...

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Re: Ogl for voodoo2

Originally posted by HumiWarak
I too have a voodoo2 and my (our) biggest problem are the openGl only games (MDK2, Oni for example) you got to try WickedGl http://www.wicked3d.com it really helps in those cases and u can try to install the drivers directly into your windows dir so every ogl app will run them.
Your link is not working...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts