Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
yeah geforce key factor is the updated drivers .. DAMN they must have a good ass development team for that cause they keep churning shit out...
radeon is good but lack of drivers update is the cause of the slowness .. hopefully the new radeons will make the ati people learn from there mistakes.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
If there was a Geforce3 in this tests, probably it would be winner.

·
Registered
265 Posts
You can't just answer 'which is better' unless you give some indication of what you're looking for. Assuming you're looking for high performance with current and future games, of course you'll want a GeForce (not an MX tho).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nvidia hasn’t showed any sign for supporting the 3DFX Cards series. It has been (if i’m correct) over a year now that they bought 3DFX and I haven’t seen one driver update from Nvidia. So buying a Voodoo card these days is gamble.

The Voodoo 4 4500 and the Voodoo 5500 that i use at work everyday are great cards. Haven’t seen any compatibility issues at all. So if you do buy one, it should work nicely.

But if I had to choose, I would go with a GeForce.

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
I think the Radeon is worth it. It performs slightly slower than the GeForce 2 GTS but it's also a tad bit cheaper in price. Also, the extra video in/out, MPEG and TV features of the All-In-Wonder Radeon kicks ass! It can finally be called a true all-in-wonder card(previous A-I-W cards had bad 3D capabilities).

·
Registered
265 Posts
Note that 3dfx support under XP is extremely dodgy atm. If you want full game support without messing around a lot with drivers, you won't be using XP.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts