Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Interplay sucks!
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I'm thinking of buying a Voodoo Banshee 16 MB PCI card just for playing the odd 3DFX/N64 emulator games. :)

Will it cause problems with my Radeon 9800 Pro, which driver I should use in XP and 98?

Thanks in advance ;)

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
I'd suggest that it may cause probs as the drivers for XP on such cards are sketchy at best. You'd be better off getting a proper Voodoo 2 (or 2) or a Voodoo 5, whose drivers don't seem to cause problems

·
Interplay sucks!
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And what drivers are you using now for your voodoo2 Kane?

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
I had a Voodoo3 PCI for like 2 years and it worked perfectly with ePSXe and 1964 under Windows XP and 98. I used the Amiga Merlin drivers for XP and the last official 3dfx drivers under 98. Go to http://www.3dfxzone.it for the latest XP drivers.

Meh.. Voodoo 2.:p Like Kane said, I'd go for a Voodoo5 if possible. Although the PCI versions are a bit harder to come by.;)

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
>And what drivers are you using now for your voodoo2 Kane?

Not at the mo. For some reason they aren't working whichever ones I use, but I think that's down to the board, as it was working fine in my old machine.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
aah! Voodoo Banchee, was my first 3Dcard.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Creative 3D Blaster Banshee PCI 16mb, it was my first 3d card! I bought that to play FFVII (pc version). I had a pentium 200 mmx, 16mb ram with that board. When I bought my new pc (this one), it came with a geforce2 mx400 64mb, it was really good (well, for who had a banshee :lol: ). After, i bought a geforce 3 ti200 128mb, and now i have a radeon 9500 256 bits with 128mb.

I still have it here, but there aren't any direct3d drivers for winxp... but glide and opengl still works!

·
Interplay sucks!
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
addibr have you tried playing ps and n64 emulators with that card?

·
Interplay sucks!
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cause someone sells a banshee with a cheapo price tag :D and I wanted a PCI card just in case (bad flashing, etc) and like I said playing the odd 3DFX games which is still hanging around in my room ;)

Voodoo 2/3/5 PCI cards are hard to come by around here, only the agp version is available (lots of em)

·
Registered
10 Posts
didamangi said:
addibr have you tried playing ps and n64 emulators with that card?
yes, they work very well with windows 98. with winxp i have never tried, but i think that if you use a glide plugin they will work. maybe opengl too.

·
The seeker of perfection
3,628 Posts
They work pretty well in win98. The fastest drivers are the xpentor ones. I just have not tried it since winxp (i have exactly the same card you want to buy) because i'm too lazy to install it :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts