Next Generation Emulation banner

Vodoo, drivers and other stuff

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Fou-lu 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried the new alternate drivers for the Vodoo cards, if so have noticed any difference?

I think this link doesn't have anything ilegal so I'll post it
Some drivers can be found here

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Getting back on topic :), I am running the CA's Vodoo3 drivers, i noticed it has an option for edge antialiasing, but I couldn't find any game that supports it (Quake3 surely don't), but I'm very hopefull as those drivers wil get improved or at least be updated :)

a portuguese bit:
Biased Turkey, você é um brasileiro (ou português) vivendo no canadá ou você é um canadense que aprendeu a lingua? Gostaria de conversar mais :)

Discussion starter · #12 ·
I found out today that some drivers give more trouble than what it's worth...
I played Q3 with the textures on the max settings and guess what?
The framerate dropped to about 6-10 FPS in some parts, but woudn't get higher than 50FPS!
I changed the drivers back to the last version of 3dfx and i got a constant 80FPS! What a bummer!
Anyway i found out the registry lines to enable EdgeAA on the 3dfx hub on V3 cards, although I don't see any improvement to it, it doesn't hurt either :)

Here's the lines (it won't blow up you card or anything) :)

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Class\DISPLAY\0000\Glide\Edge-Antialiasing]
"Control"="Combo"
"List"="Disable,Enable"
"Value"="1"
"Default"="0"
"Tweak Map"="0,1"
"Tweak Value"="FX_GLIDE_AA_SAMPLE"
"Help"="Eliminate Jagged Edges (supposed to :)"
"Previous Value"="1"

This card extension (FX_GLIDE_AA_SAMPLE) should be the one responsible for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.