Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Quad Core FTW!!!
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've been looking into getting a TV Tunder card (preferably ATI TV Wonder Pro). Well, I hear of this thing called VIVO. I don't know much more about it then that it stands for Video In Video Out. My MSI GeForce 6600GT (AGP Version) is a VIVO edition and was wondering if I could capture my favorite TV shows to my computer with it. Can anyone help me out here?

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Video in, Video out means exactly what it says, the card has Video in and Video out, meaning you can capture with it with the right software and codecs...
Be advised Divx live capture is VERY cpu intensive and can result in choppy captures, it is recomended to use a lossless codec then convert to your favorite format later...

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
Master Chief said:
Hi all, I've been looking into getting a TV Tunder card (preferably ATI TV Wonder Pro). Well, I hear of this thing called VIVO. I don't know much more about it then that it stands for Video In Video Out. My MSI GeForce 6600GT (AGP Version) is a VIVO edition and was wondering if I could capture my favorite TV shows to my computer with it. Can anyone help me out here?
Your VIVO does not have a tv tuner in it so you cannot directly capture your TV shows, but going from, how about, a VCR output, you could capture the broadcast.

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,262 Posts
And I would like another question to this query: How good is the video in quality of these cards? with the basic purpose being playing PS2 games? I currently have a TV capture card though based on the 7xxx chips. I'll post proper specifications later with screens. Yes, screens are the best comparision. I'll be quite glad if any one can post screens taken from the VIVO of their gfx card.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.