Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody!

Here is a new version of the GBA Emulator with Multiplayer Link support for Linux.
I added "General-purpose mode". The game "Final Fantasy Tactics Advance" now works in Link mode.

Here is the link where you can download it:
- VisualBoyAdvance Link version 1.2: http://jaime.gemelo.free.fr/visualboyadvance/versions/VBALink_version12.tar.gz
In a friendly manner!

IMBERT Jacques-Olivier

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are you, or anyone else, planning to add the general purpose mode to the VBA Link version for Windows? One of the commonest questions we always get asked is when will it be possible to play FFTA's link missions with VBA Link for Windows.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I am not planning to add the general purpose mode to the VBA Link version for Windows because Windows isn't a free and stable system.

If you want to have this support on Windows, you can contact the author of VBA Link Windows version (Clic here).

In a friendly manner.
IMBERT Jacques-Olivier

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
No, I am not planning to add the general purpose mode to the VBA Link version for Windows because Windows isn't a free and stable system.
and Linux isn't a capable or general purpose system.

also, its ****.

Codehacker of VBA-Link is unreachable and has been for some years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had tested now the latest version avaible (1.3 - 2010 aug) of VBALink rewritten by Jaime.Gemelo. I edit fstab like said in Gemelo site adding: none /dev/shm tmpfs rw 0 0 and then in console using: mount -a.

The VBALink setup compile and install the program without problem. Server and Clients work well. I can see "Server is ready." and when last player (in localhost via lan) is connected VBALinks interface of each player start.

But ffta linking doesn't work. Sometimes get a connection but broken immediatly. This is my experience.

Bye
matteo

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Matteo2303 !

Thank you very much for testing the latest version of my emulator. :)

I see you have some link problems with ffta. I advice you to change the value of the timeout.

To instance, when I play in link mode on my PC desktop, I set the value to 1000. And when i play on my notebook, I set the value to 500.

I will do a second test with this game. I will report the results here.

In a friendly manner.
IMBERT Jacques-Olivier

·
Registered
2 Posts
:x3:
Very nice job!
Using 500ms I really can play all the match in team up without problems. I had try only a mission called "Pam la fam" or something like this. Then I trade object, weapon, etc ... Evrything work, I can't belive but it's true :)

I'm not a true coder... simply love reading... The win32 src directory seems use VC++ (probably 6.0?) ide project-workspace file. But, if it's so... Isn't possible import and compile your code expansion (general purpose) making a G(emelo)BALink windows version?

I think that much people could be grateful for this.
Ok, I read, windows isn't free and stable but you know your code and could be not so expansive working time... (sorry for my english)

In any case, again... nice job and thank you
bye
matteo

PS1: For who read in future I had success using simply a eeepc dot-s and puppeee v4.7 beta (OS boot from usb hdd). Puppeee installed only to try FFTA in multiplayer... but nice and slim OS.

PS2: Platypux is "plug and play" with your VBALink version?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Matteo2303 !

I'm very happy that now you can play this game :). If you meet other problems with other games, don't hesitate to contact me.

For the support of this link in windows version, I can't be possible because I don't have a Windows to test it. Sorry.

About Platypux, a LZM module will be available soon ;) . I will post here when the LZM module will be created.

In a friendly manner.
IMBERT Jacques-Olivier

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:)

For all users and visitors, you will find a new thread here:
VisualBoyAdvance Link version 2.x

You will find here links to download the new version and documentation.
Don't hesitate to post your comments and issues about this version in this new thread ;) !

In a friendly manner,
IMBERT Jacques-Olivier

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.