Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
(^.^)v
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem...

First, when I start up my VBA, it plays just fine for about 15 minuets.
Then, it starts to lag a little, and then lags a whole bunch!! (5-15 FPS)(35% CPU)

The game freezes at times, and my controls are always lagging.

Somebody help!!!:hdbash:

Thanks

·
VBA 2 developer
404 Posts
What VBA version?

Can you please tell me the amount of used memory when VBA is lagging?
You can get this information by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del, go to processes and search for VBA.

·
(^.^)v
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Uhhhh.....it says it is working at about 44-56 CPU power....
and....Uh...about 4.5 k of memory being used...
(Hope this helps...)

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is strange. Can you give some more information about your computer (System properties)? May be there is lack of memory or CPU speed or virus or that is a bad rom(but this last is unreasonable, because if a rom is damage, then it's unable to open). There is a low possibility that your computer have a program that "fight" with the VBA.

·
(^.^)v
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok...here is a summary of my system:
--512 MB DDR SDRAM
--2.80 GHz (superscript '1')
--Intel Pentium 4 Processor
--Sony VAIO (4 year old)

·
Menthol Flavored
3,925 Posts
What version of the VBA are you using? I had the same problem playing Pokemon Emerald the other day when using VBA 1.8.0 b3. Then I switched over to 1.7.2 and it worked perfectly. Try 1.7.2 and see if that fixes your speed problem.

·
(^.^)v
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This sort of problem happens on both 1.7.2 and 1.8.0b3...:(

·
(^.^)v
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This problem happens on every single game I use...
I even tried stopping my "windows exporer" process, and it still didn't
work...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Uh, I dont know, but I've play Emerald on latest VBA with Vsync and Auto FrameSkip but dont experience any problem. You should delete the ini file, clear the registry (if you use the old version) in HKCU\Software\Visual BoyAdvance and HKLM\..(the same as above). Then play again.
I think lagging is a condition that you always experience in the game (that mean your computer is refreshing the background), but is reduce the speed a little then increase again. I think your computer is suffering from a virus or ... the directX version is too...old(?).

·
(^.^)v
258 Posts
Is it a memory issue? I tried deleting some of my things on my 'D' drive,
and it speed up a little bit... I even tried defragmenting both my drives...
Overall, it is better, but it still laggs a lot.:cry:

[by Spacy: Combined double post]

I think I see the problem now. Every time VBA laggs, my computer is over heated. When VBA doesn't lag, my computer's temp. is fine.
Mabey thats the reason...

·
VBA 2 developer
404 Posts
Your computer is overheating when using something like VBA?

Has to be an Intel CPU :p

I would be really happy if people would not post in this Forum because of (PC) hardware issues.

·
(^.^)v
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry, ut thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know I might be late, but sb else might find this thread and maybe my comment can be helpful.
I Had the same problem, I was playing on 100% throttle. One would think this is normal speed, but apparently this still causes the vba to lag. I went Options > Frameskip > Throttle > No Throttle and that fixed everything for me

1 - 15 of 15 Posts