Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my program.

It is the latest version (1.7.2) and it works as it should. But sometimes when I load a ROM or save state it just freezes completely.

Not just the program but my whole computer. The mouse and keyboard are unresponsive and I can't do anything else other than manually shut it down (which can get really annoying).

I have tried to install fresh versions and try different settings, along with trying the older versions, but to no avail. It always seems to freeze.

System Specs:
Windows XP Home Edition
Intel Pentium 4 (2.2 Ghz)
640 MB memory
Nvidia GeForceFX 5200 (128MB)

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Make sure your sound and video drivers are up-to-date, as they are the usual suspects for problems. Also, Windows patches and DirectX versions can be the cause of problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't expect to be answered by you, wow.

Anyway I had everything up to date using latest beta drivers on my Nvidia card, using DirectX 9.0c, and updated all of the windows updates except the sound drivers because I don't pay attention to them much. It was a few months old, but I updated today, and amazingly, I didn't experience any crashes. It is looking alright as of now, and I think that solved to problem. Had no idea it was the sound drivers.

That was pretty simple. Thanks for your help with much appreciation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
any other solutions?
i have windows updates, nvidia latest drivers, directx 9.0c, audio drivers up-to-date and the screen keeps freezing :(

My CPU:
Celeron 2.0
256mb
Windows XP Pro
GeForce 2 MX400

thanx

·
Registered
7 Posts
any other solutions?
i have windows updates, nvidia latest drivers, directx 9.0c, audio drivers up-to-date and the screen keeps freezing
Have you checked your computer for adware/spyware? And, of course, running anti-virus scanners?

Also, check to see if you have driver/resource conflicts. If your sound card and controller (I'm assuming here) or anything else clash with each other, that will freeze up your program fast. And check to see if any other programs you are running could be causing the problem.

Charneus

By the way, if anyone gets a chance, please, respond to my post on VBA problems. I've not heard any solutions, but I'm hoping someone can help. Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts