Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey again all, I was studying my visual basic 6.0 book that I had in college,
and wanted to start out with a small windows application to program in vb.net, A word or text processor.

The problem I am having, is creating the main menu and, coding an open or save command so I can save, and open my text for later use. Also How to program edit/copy/paste functions, and various other options. I tried this using the example from my visual basic 6.0 textbook but I guess the code is not the same between vb 6.0 and vb.net., but to no avail I'll would make a scroll box below to post my code, if I knew how.

I was hoping that one of you enthused people that has programming knowledge in vb.net would be kind enough to post the proper code.

BTW is there any open source software's source code that I can read on the internet or download, If so can someone link me to a site? Thanks

:Edit: Err how do I insert my own html code, so I can make a Text scrollbox to post my code in, so I do not take up alot of space, and so it is more readable? If I am not wrong, I've seen this done before on these forums.

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I realize that

Yes I realize that Vb.net is similar to vb 6.0, I have vb.net 2003.

However, When I go to compile and test the code (Below) I get compile errors, and when I click continue an error pops up and says "visual studio cannot start debugging because the debug target X:\Documents and settings\...\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\windowsApplication1\bin\windowsApplication1.exe is missing please build the project and retry".

I have already tried to build the application, but it did not work, I also tried to copy and paste the menu code, to open and select a file, direct from the msdn library that came with my vb.net, that also did not work.

Vb.net keeps tagging my syntax as wrong, and when I hover my mouse over the blue squiggly line under my syntax, It says "Statement is not in a Valid Namespace".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Code:
Code I used:

Private Sub cmdDisplay_Click()
picFileSpec.Cls()
picFileSpec.Print dirList.Path;()
If Right(dirList.Path, 1) <> "\" Then
picFileSpec.Print "\";
End If
picFileSpec.Print(filList.Filename)
End Sub
Private Sub dirList_Change()
filList.Path = dirList.Path
End Sub
Private Sub drvList_Change()
dirList.Path = drvList.Drive
End Sub
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that I posted my code, but if I knew how to make a textbox that scrolls, I could of put my code in that.

Does anyone here know how to post a text scrolling box on these forums? I have seen this done by a couple of people that have posted errors. Help very much appreciated, Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.