Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pink Poney
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gotten a couple of BSODs recently, but have been unable to glean the stop code from the..uh...Blue Screen. This is because the BSOD screen flicks for a second, then my computer proceeds to restart. I've had BSODs before, and know that it is doing memory dumping stuffs, but it never used to it this...quickly.. oO

So, after my computer restarts, is there a way to get the stop code from the BSOD from another place on my computer? Maybe the message box that comes up which says something like "Vista has recovered from an unexpected shutdown," something like that...Or maybe the event log?

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Event viewer for 1.
and the second you can disable the reboot on system crash.
(Press F8 when booting up to do this, or do it via system properties)

·
Rpcs3 user :D
781 Posts
Probably you have a corrupted RAM, use the memory checker of VISTA, hmm or maybe did you overclock your CPU?

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
those timings are a little tight D: relax them a bit

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
advertising is not permitted.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
right click my computer, click advanced system properties, click settings under startup and recovery, untick automatically restart under system failure and it wont restart on the bsod.... please note i had the same issue and yes it is the ram or dead vista installation due to a virus those where the only times i got bsod in vista.... get memtest and run it for at least 30 min to verify if the ram is damaged, if not then you got one of the killer trojans that kill vista installs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.