Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have TR/CRYPT.XPACK.GEN virus identified by Avira. Problem is that virus is on CNC plasma machine used for programmed cutting sheet metal.

Plasma is controled with "Windows XP sp2 Embedded edition". My problem is that I don't know should I install antivirus software on Plasma, or could this virus affect something to malfunction.

Help is needed urgently.

Just one other thing...

Plasma is not a part of any local network, and virus got there by USB stick.

·
Oilslime
79 Posts
The original poster on the following link never tried this and ended up swapping hard drives. I'll look harder in the mean time for a better and/or proven answer. Good luck.
MajorGeeks Support Forums - View Single Post - i'm getting a TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen problem and it won't go away =(

Edit: Here is a resolved thread
[Resolved]*Clunky System And Incidence Of Tr/crypt.xpack.gen

Edit2: Though there should be no real danger, I wouldn't personally reccomend leaving the computer connected to a plasma cutter until the virus is cleared. Under normal circumstances Windows installs should always have an antivirus program installed, but with a plasma cutter I would contact the manufactuer and read the manual just to be safe. Antivirus is almost definately safer than virus though...

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
download and install Ikarus virus utilities and run a full scan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.