Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the [email protected] is being spread in the form of .pif files. More specifically, I got an email with an attached file with the extension ".mp3.pif", which is really an .EXE file. You should set your virus scanners to scan .pif files just incase.

Some things to keep in mind:
1.) Don't open < 64KB MP3s :eyes:
2.) Don't open or save attachments which force themselves open in Outlook ...

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
one of my college buddies once burn into a cd-rom shareware programs that were infected by a WM32.XX virus.. and the cd was used by a lot of his friends.. they all installed the programs along with the virus into their machines... :heh: now.. that's stupid.. hehe.. :p

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
It shocks me how people can be so stupid. Jeez. Maybe this is the latest form of natural selection?

Hey, totally unrelated question here: Anyone know a freeware app that can take screenshots in Windows Media Player? PrntScrn doesn't work.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Originally posted by Asfaloth
It shocks me how people can be so stupid. Jeez. Maybe this is the latest form of natural selection?

Hey, totally unrelated question here: Anyone know a freeware app that can take screenshots in Windows Media Player? PrntScrn doesn't work.
Turn off hardware acceleration, the use alt+printscreen...
View - Options - In the "playback" tab... Move the hardware acceleration slider all the way to the left. (Don't forget to reset it after :))

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Originally posted by Xeven
one of my college buddies once burn into a cd-rom shareware programs that were infected by a WM32.XX virus.. and the cd was used by a lot of his friends.. they all installed the programs along with the virus into their machines... :heh: now.. that's stupid.. hehe.. :p
Sounds like another incident of mine. A different mate made make an cd of mp3's which I borrowed. The copy of winamp on that disk had the W32.CIH on it. Again NAV picked it up. Unfortunately he had lent that disk to a lot of ppl. Thus began an interesting month of disinfection.
It's no wonder I'm so adament in my views concerning having an up to date AV package running at all times.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Originally posted by NickK

Turn off hardware acceleration, the use alt+printscreen...
View - Options - In the "playback" tab... Move the hardware acceleration slider all the way to the left. (Don't forget to reset it after :))
The same trick can be used to take video catpures using hypercam. An interesting way of converting asf's etc to avi.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts