Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
its a great new tech thats for sure . i mean this is what emulation is all about ...this soft is going to be great i can feel it .....thanks for the info ryos

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well to what i assume it can let u open many well depends on ure hard disk capacity though and ure sys specs but this thing is definately 2 thumbs up

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Great! Excellent! Finally a way to run bleem in Win 2K! :D All I need to do is waste some more money by buying this program to emulate win 98 in win 2k so that I could run a program to emulate a psx. No wait. On second though, I'll stick with epsxe and wait for Win XP Pro.

S

·
0 Posts
Why emulate something that is the same thing you are running? Doesn't make sense to me. I mean, why emulate a PSX on a real PSX, whats the point? If you're already running windows, why would you want to emulate windows. Wnidows running on windows seems kind of pointless to me.:eyes:
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
171 Posts
may be if you thought about it in a deffirent way sxamiga you will find it useful.
like having two machines running in one or even more .

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
As I said (jokingly) you can emulate a win 9x based machine on a win 2k machine in order to get programs that won't run on win 2k to run. This is basically the same as the "Win 98 Compatiblity mode" that microsoft are building into Win XP so that it can run older software that won't normally run on an OS built using the Win 2k code.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well I'd like to have my Win 95 (in my opinion, the best Windows OS) back. I still remember the sad day when I upgraded to the always crashing Win 98:(

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Originally posted by tidus
Well I'd like to have my Win 95 (in my opinion, the best Windows OS) back. I still remember the sad day when I upgraded to the always crashing Win 98:(
If you hate crashes you should get Win 2k. Believe me it is worth it.

S

·
0 Posts
That is because Win2k is not really a gaming OS. It is what was supposed to be
Win NT 5. Win NT is a business OS used primarily by and for businesses. But you can get most games and emulators to work w/Win2k if you try hard enough.
Unfortuneately, some just won't. Win XP is supposed to be a marriage of 2000 and Millenium, thus merging the business OS and the home OS so that you will be able to play games and run business aplications equally well on the same OS. Win XP is what I am waiting for, I almost certainly will purchase it when it comes out.
Tidus, you say that Win 98 crashes almost constantly for you? I got Win 98 when it first came out and I have only had to reinstall it once. That was because I had to reformat my hard drives, but that had nothing to do w/Win 98, it was a different problem entirely. Just out of curiosity, what version are you using. I'm using first edition and it works beautifully for me. I would never go back to 95, THAT was the one I had all the problems with.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok back to posting ...... well i really wish someone could create a software to emulate the mac desktop on windows that would be nice

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Originally posted by ice2hot
ok back to posting ...... well i really wish someone could create a software to emulate the mac desktop on windows that would be nice
ive got your solution right here:wink:
click at your own discretion..

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Nice one! Now I remember why I don't use Macs. You cant use them for anything:D . Well except this

:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by sxamiga
Why emulate something that is the same thing you are running? Doesn't make sense to me. I mean, why emulate a PSX on a real PSX, whats the point? If you're already running windows, why would you want to emulate windows. Wnidows running on windows seems kind of pointless to me.:eyes:
sincerely,
sx/amiga
Actually, this kinda of software can be pretty handy in some situations. As an example, imagine you're developing a new software, and you're using Win2K as your development environment. Now, imagine you need to test this software, to make sure it's running fine under Windows 95. What do you do? You start your Virtual PC and test it! No need for dual-boots and stuff.

I already use a PC emulator (and a great one, BTW), called VMWare (www.vmware.com). Here's some things I already did under it:

- Installed a couple Linux distributions, and learned a bit about this OS, without re-partitioning my HD.
- I once had to perform several presentations, and each of them required a different environment (One with W2K Pro, one with W2K Server, one with WinME, etc). What did I do? I made a VM for each of them, and I could swap instantly.

As you can see, there are some great uses for this software. :)

[]s Badaro

S

·
0 Posts
yes, perhaps useful for some developers, but not THAT useful.....

I'd rather see a decent DOS emulator, but now I'm being selfish ;)

S

·
0 Posts
You've made a good point Badaro. I guess there could be a use for this after all. It just never occured to me thats all. Thanks for the insight.:)
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 19 of 19 Posts