Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I configured the memory card in epsxe but when I try to save or even load a Final Fantasy Tactics file in game it won't even when I respond by pushing circle on "slot 1." I've had to use save states and I'd rather not do that to keep with how the game is supposed to be played.

This seems like a stupid question but I've looked everywhere and all I see is saving errors and stuff. But I cannot even go into the in game save menu. It just ignores me when I try to press the circle button.

I've read the readme and there is nothing that concerns my problem. Im using the recommended bios scph1001 - USA.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
so you're saying that you can save to memory cards....but it wont load them? do memory cards work in any other game?

remember, you must exit ePSXe correctly to save the memory cards. when you save the game, press Escape to exit to the GUI, then close the GUI. ePSXe saves the memory cards to RAM first, and then writes them to disc when the emulator is closed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. What I'm saying is that it wont even let me go into the memory card option in game. I can't save or load anything other then using save states and I'd rather not do that. It's like the game sees there is no memory card in either slot 1 or slot 2. So it doesn't let me progress further when I hit circle. I have configured the virtual cards and pointed them to the correct files and I even went to gamefaqs and downloaded some save files and converted them to .MRC (errr or is it .MCR?) format. but nothing.

Also, I should mention that I'm working off an .img file and not the actual game disk, and sadly I don't have any other games to test it with. I'm going to try and start from scratch. I was hoping somebody might have had the same problem but I haven't found anything.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
do you actually have memory cards in your /memcards folder? or actually, a /memcards folder in the first place?

make sure you have the folder...then tell ePSXe to make memory cards for you by going to Config--->Memory card and typing in memcards\epsxe000.mcr (or whatever you want it to be named). when you start the game, that memory card should be created.

have you tried another emulator? although you might not want to seeing as how you played so far with save states..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, it turns out that I'm a moron, and it has nothing to do with the memory cards. I mapped Triangle to Circle and Circle to Circle and I guess the dual button mapping isn't friendly to some of the menus. I found out because when I was playing through the game I couldn't access certain menus or buy potions and stuff in the shop. I wasted about 6 hours of my time over something that should have taken a minute at the most.

I appreciate the help hushypushy.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
oh well, usually the weird problems like this aren't figured out by us here at the forums, more like by the user when he has found out that a mistake has been made ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.