Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm sure you're all seen the exciting news that Virtual Jaguar 2.0 is nearing release! I'll be helping out by providing MacOS binaries as needed. Shamus has been kind enough to provide access to pre-release source and has given me permission to share the MacOS binaries with you.

I will be updating this thread with new binaries as changes are made to the code. Windows binaries should be made available shortly, but not from me.

Without further ado ... I give you Virtual Jaguar 2.0 Pre-Release r350

NOTE: These binaries will be for Intel platforms only!
NOTE 2: This is a PRE-RELEASE! As such, expect there to be bugs. Please report any issues you encounter in this thread.

PRE-REQUISITES:

- SDL 1.2.14 or higher
- QT 4.7.3 or higher

EDIT June 30, 2011 - r351 binary posted
EDIT June 30, 2011 - r352 binary posted
EDIT July 5, 2011 - r357 and r358 binaries posted
EDIT July 5, 2011 - r359 posted
EDIT July 8, 2011 - r365 posted
EDIT July 13, 2011 - r370 posted
EDIT July 20, 2011 - r381 posted
EDIT July 25, 2011 - r385 posted
EDIT Aug 1, 2011 - r386 posted
EDIT Aug 5, 2001 - r387 posted
EDIT Aug 10, 2011 - r388 and r389 posted
EDIT Aug 13, 2011 - r390 posted
EDIT Aug 15, 2001 - r391 posted

·
Registered
35 Posts
Won't work on MacBookPro Intel C2D with Mac OS 10.6.8

here is the log message:

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libSDL-1.2.0.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/manuel/Downloads/virtualjaguar.app/Contents/MacOS/virtualjaguar
Reason: image not found

Binary Images:
0x7fff5fc00000 - 0x7fff5fc3bdef dyld 132.1 (???) <B536F2F1-9DF1-3B6C-1C2C-9075EA219A06> /usr/lib/dyld

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Won't work on MacBookPro Intel C2D with Mac OS 10.6.8

here is the log message:

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libSDL-1.2.0.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/manuel/Downloads/virtualjaguar.app/Contents/MacOS/virtualjaguar
Reason: image not found

Binary Images:
0x7fff5fc00000 - 0x7fff5fc3bdef dyld 132.1 (???) <B536F2F1-9DF1-3B6C-1C2C-9075EA219A06> /usr/lib/dyld
Do you have the SDL framework installed on your system? If not, please download and install it from the following site.

Simple DirectMedia Layer

This is required by other emulators as well, so it's good to have it installed.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Just wait 'til he hits the Qt dependency... I don't think he'd like a ~200 MB download size for Virtual Jaguar (which is what it would be with all the libs bundled in). ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wait 'til he hits the Qt dependency... I don't think he'd like a ~200 MB download size for Virtual Jaguar (which is what it would be with all the libs bundled in). ;)
Nor do I want to start hosting 200MB files for people to download ;)

I updated the first post with the SDL and QT requirements. Should have included that originally.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do you have the SDL framework installed on your system? If not, please download and install it from the following site.

Simple DirectMedia Layer

This is required by other emulators as well, so it's good to have it installed.
Sorry, but YES I have it installed like the "read me" tell me to install it !

To Install:
Copy the SDL.framework to /Library/Frameworks

I simply tell you to use the Frameworks like Mac OS X works not like others OS or unix works... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just want a little more "Mac User Friendly Install" :p

So if I already have all the Frameworks installed (Mac Frameworks method not unix or other...), I just hope the program just works...

FYI: I already have the "old" VJ working on my Mac. (and IT just works...)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bundling all the required libs in to the app is not the answer to the problem you're having. For some reason, VJ is looking in the wrong location for the SDL framework. This is why there's a pre-release, to track down issues like this :D

I'll give a look to make sure it's not to do with my build environment, then I'll ask Shamus to take a look at the code.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bundling all the required libs in to the app is not the answer to the problem you're having.
You're right, If only I have know BEFORE the QT dependencies... ;)

For some reason, VJ is looking in the wrong location for the SDL framework. This is why there's a pre-release, to track down issues like this :D
And this is why there is BETA tester like me :thumb:

I'll give a look to make sure it's not to do with my build environment, then I'll ask Shamus to take a look at the code.
just can't wait thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've updated the first post with build r351. Please give that a try and let me know if it resolves the SDL error.

·
Registered
35 Posts
OK this time it works with this Last QT Framework for Mac OS X

But now I have an other problem :

here is my Log:

VJ: SDL (joystick, audio) successfully initialized.
MainWin: Paths
jagBootPath = "./bios/jagboot.rom"
CDBootPath = "./bios/jagcd.rom"
EEPROMPath = "./eeproms"
ROMPath = "./software"
FILE: Failed to find file of type Software...
FILE: Failed to find file of type Software...
Virtual Jaguar SVN Revision: 351 (Last full build was on Jun 30 2011 11:17:53)
VJ: Initializing jaguar subsystem...
--> GPU stats were reset!
DAC: Successfully initialized.
CDINTF: No suitable CD-ROM driver found.
VJ: About to attempt to load BIOSes...
JaguarLoadROM: Attempting to load file './bios/jagboot.rom'...Succeeded in finding extension (.rom)!
VJ: Loading "./bios/jagboot.rom"...OK (131072 bytes)
VJ: BIOS is available...
JaguarLoadROM: Attempting to load file './bios/jagcd.rom'...Succeeded in finding extension (.rom)!
VJ: Loading "./bios/jagcd.rom"...OK (262144 bytes)
VJ: CD BIOS is available...

But nothing works ? it found no software ??? witch type .jag .j64 .bin .rom ???
even the bios won't work ? I only see like "TV mode" running ???
And why no CD Rom driver found ???

it smell like a new build ;-)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you want to test this current build, place your roms in the same directory as VJ. This is a bug and has been reported.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The controller preferences is just a pretty picture at the moment :) It's a place holder for future controller configuration.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
While there's the beginning for JagCD support in the code, I don't believe it will run any CD games at the moment. That's something to look for in the future.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I downloaded Virtual Jaguar version r352 with the SDL framework and the Qt framework (which apparently does NOT refer to QuickTime), have them all in the same directory, including one of the ROM's, and it runs. It doesn't have any sound, and the speed of play is noticeably slower than usual, but it's a start. This is on a Mac running OS X version 10.6.8, 2.16 GHz Intel processor, 1 GB RAM.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts