Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The seeker of perfection
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hearing recently my personal collection of videogame songs. While it seemed as if English and Japanese were the usual languages of choice a few years ago, it seems it's totally different nowadays.

-Parasite Eve had Somnia Memorias. Latin title with Spanish Lyrics.
-Metal Gear with The Best is Yet to Come. Does anybody knows the language of this song?
-Xenosaga 2: Fatal Fight and Opening theme (again, if you know the language please tell).
-Zone of the Enders 2: Beyond the Bounds (same question).

I know there are more but i can't remember right now, my bed is calling me.

And there is a big trend about having lyrics with some church-like chants like the ones in Xenosaga 1 and 2 or Devil May Cry. Well, it's not only there, this trend seems to exist in most Movie Trailers and i think this has been originated because of The Lord of the Rings and it's soundtrack. What do you think?

·
Registered
608 Posts
The title theme song of Civilization 4 :)

I think it's great; I've enjoyed listening to foreign songs since childhood. And when done right, I'd think to myself that couldn't have been done any other way, Civ 4's theme would be a perfect example. To name a few others:
Final Fantas 8 liberi fatali - Latin, IIRC
Warcraft 3 trailer theme - Latin, too?

·
Heretic
2,771 Posts
What about the One Winged Angel in FFVII. It has latin chanting in the background (I bet you all thought it was random jiberish with Sephiroth thrown in the middle ;)).

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Grandia 2 has got some Portuguese lyrics afaik. It really adds to the atmosphere. I'm trying to get my hands on the Deux and Povo soundtracks, but they're quite rare or overpriced. I'm not going to pay 40 euros for a soundtrack.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.