Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble disabling my onboard GeForce 2 video completely. I've alreadyg one into cmos to set it to PCI (since my dad got me the wrong vid card for Christmas) and yet I still don't have my memory that went to the onboard, plus, my computer keeps hassling me about the Geforce 2 drivers in Windows, even after disabling it in there. And another problem I have is my S-Video isn't working properly. Everytime I set it to my TV and click yes for keep setting, it goes back to Analog display and no longer gives me the TV setting and I have to reboot to get the setting again, but still, it does the same thing.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Did you uninstall the GeForce2's drivers before you disabled it? If not, go ahead and do that with the GeForce2 enabled.

About the memory, look for an option in your bios to change it, and see if when disabled it allows you to change it to 0 or none.

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
if it's onboard video, you should be able to disable directly from the bios...that should solve your problems. You should uninstall the drivers for it too, but if it's onboard video (as in intergrated into your motherboard) the first thing to do would be disable it in the bios.

·
The seeker of perfection
3,628 Posts
Setting the video to pci in the bios is an entire different thing than to disable the onboard card. There should be and advanced option in your bios (with alt or control f1 you activate this option in my bios). There you can choose SHARED MEMORY and set it to 0 instead of the amount of ram that is taking right now and you can also set ONBOARD VIDEO CARD (or something like that) to disabled. Setting your video card to pci have only one use: to let windows know where it is going to send the video signal when you have 2 cards installed at the same time (an agp and a pci one),

·
Registered
331 Posts
hm, maybe try lowering the AGP Aperature Size? or is that different between agp/pci video cards and integrated video cards?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts