Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for epsxe when I start up FF7 it'll come up with what it should come up with, which is Sony Entertainment America Presents; or something like that. That then fades away leaving me with a blank black screen to stare at forever. Im using gpuPeteOpenGL2.dll which I expect myself to be using since I have a good graphics card. Should I use the regular petesopengl2 or the gl1?

The sound I honestly don't know if it works since I haven't even gotten that far into the game!

I think it also helps to say that I am running the game through File --> Run CDROM Considering I have the actual disc.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
what game, and is it Pal, or ntsc.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
read the box, what version of FF7 is it
Original release
Greatist Hits/Platinum
Pal/NTSC.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
try making an image of the disc in .ccd/.img/.sub, .bin/.cue, or mdf format and play from that instead.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's the thing, I have also downloaded disc 1 which doesn't work on either .bin OR .cue. I played that through File --> Run ISO which didn't work and produced the same outcome.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
i cannot help you if you are using a pirated image, this is stated in the http://forums.ngemu.com/751350-post2.html. if you have the game disc you can use the guide found in the link below to make your own image.

using an image off the net is pointless anyway because the majority of the time they are not even made right, so they are far from ideal if you using them for testing purposes. ill let it slide for now considering you appear to have the actual game but please make your own image and do not mention such things again, otherwise i will close the thread.

btw with the .bin/.cue format, the .bin is the main file that contains the data, the .cue is the metadata file . for .ccd/.img/.sub you use load the .img file. all the files need to be kept in the same directory otherwise they will not work.

http://forums.ngemu.com/misc-psx-discussion/34515-how-make-perfect-backup-psx-games.html

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I made the .ccd/.img/.sub files and tried to start it through Run-ISO and the .bin but got the same problem. I'm thinkin it might be something video related but I'm not the guy to say so, you are.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
post a shot of your config, what version of the emulator you are using, and your system specs. did you try mounting the image on a virtual drive?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3800+
2.41 GHz, 2.50 GB of RAM

Yea I tried mounting the image (.bin??) but got the same problem. Am I suppose to mount an actual file comprised of all the .ccd/.img/.sub/.bin files? Because I have been just using the .bin which has been in the same folder as all the other files up till now. Could be the problem?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Same thing. Here I'll show what happens.

Selecting Run > ISO

Choosing the .img file

Starting Screen (shows a little ps1 controller in the top right)

Words that fade in.

Fading out.

Death Void.

And thats the break down of it. And that happens with EVERYTHING I've done so far.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
do you have a different game you could test using both the disc and an image of it? depending on what it does, if you have another game on hand that you could use for testing it would be able to narrow things down quite a bit.

nothing in your settings really appears to be too out of the ordinary, there are a few things that could be changed for performance purposes but dont see anything that would really trigger the type of problem you seem to be having. atm im leaning towards it being system-related but its still hard to tell.

edit- what about the CDR plugin, which one is currently in use?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I also tried gpuPeteopenGL.dll with FF7 and Digimon World 2 and same thing happened except with digimon nothing came up at all, just stayed black. Then I tried it with the original plugin with no difference.

Seems everyones at a stand still lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Actually no I don't. Amazing right? just goes straight to the memory card/ cd player screen when not having a game in it like it should.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
have you tried other versions of epsxe?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts