Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in my first attempts at loading a game into the emulator, I tried Kingdom Hearts, and then Tekken Tag (both the actual Playstation CD's). In both instances, the screen was shaking up and down (maybe like five pixels difference, but it was constant). I just want to know if that is normal? Or if not, any idea's on what I'm doing wrong?

Also, given my computer specs below, should the game be slow? I know we're not supposed to ask about the game being slow (meaning it takes about 20 seconds to get through the "Sony Computer Entertainment" opening screen) - but I just want to know if my specs are the cause (a.k.a. I need to upgrade), or if it's something else (I'm using Gsdx 0.9) Also (sorry for the amount of questions) which pixel shader should I be using? 2.0?

AMD Athlon 2800+
GeForce 6600GT AGP
1 GB 3500 DDR
playing it in a 12x DVD ROM drive (tried it in a 52x CD drive - same results)

If you need more information, just ask and I'll be happy to give more details :)

· Registered
57 Posts
You're not suppose to be using gsdx 0.9... It's not released yet I don't think. Just stick with 0.8 and it'll be fine.

· PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
yes its normal, and as of yet, we cant really fix it, so you will have to live with it

and your games will be slow even if you had an AMD Athlon 64 20000+

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.