Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been trying to configure the epsxe for about an hour now, but I'm having trouble with the graphics plugin. When I initially tried to configure the plugin, the target box was empty (unlike the audio and cdr plugins, which already had a listed plugin in place). So I went on a hunt for a graphics plugin and found Pete's soft gpu plugin, which I extracted and placed in the plugin folder of the ePSXe. I went back to the cvideo configuration and found that, after restarting the ePSXe, the graphics plugin configuration was still blank. Does anyone no what I'm doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
first of all what graphics card do you have and what game are you trying to play? that will help to possibly pick a better plugin.

also, did you extract the DLL file to /plugins? that's the only file you need.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey, I have a GeForce4 MX 420, and I was hoping to play final fantasy 8 on my computer. I have unzipped and placed a peteD3D, a peteDX6D3, and a PeteOpenGL plugin in th eplugin folder of the ePSXe program. However, none of these are showing up on the video plugin configuration. Another problem: although I've already configured a bios for the program, the wizard guide told me that it couldn't find anybios in the /bios directory (but I'm positive their there). Thanks in advance to any help.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
what bios do you have?

what files are in your /plugins directory?

are you sure ePSXe is pointed to the correct directory?

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
I had the same problem, but it was ONLY the BIOS that wouldn't show in the wizard. I could configure it manually though. That seemed to be the root of it. I completely deleted ePSXe and reinstalled it and it worked from there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have these plugins in my folder: gpuPeopsSoft.dll, gpuPeteD3D.dll, gpuPeteDX6D3D.dll, and gpuPeteOpenGL.dll (all of which do not show up in the video target window when I don't use the configureing wizard. I have a SCH1001 bios cinfigured in my ePSXe. Also, I had originally downloaded an older version of ePSXe and had the same problem with the video configuration (I currently have the 1.6.0 version). Maybe it would help if I told you that there is a burutter.dll just floating around the epsxe folder thats not in the plugin folder (it was downloaded like that, so I chose to leave it). Anyways, thanks for your consistent help guys.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
what i mean is make sure all your folders are named the way ePSXe expects them to be, i.e. /plugins /bios /memcards etc..

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
hushypushy said:
have you tried configuring it without the wizard then..?
That's exactly what I did in my case, yes. Oddly, they would all show there, but the BIOS wouldn't in the wizard. If I went to do it all manually, it worked? This led to some problems getting it started, becuase I guess it still wants to think thye BIOS isn't there (since it can't detect it on it's own, I guess it couldn't upon startup?).

Anyway, I don't know what happened, but a clean reinstall of everything corrected it for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys. I was begining to get fed up with epsxe and was poundering the ever popular option of giving up. After I read you latest posts, I decided to reinstall epsxe for one last time. Instead of putting the unzipped files in a nice, clean folder, I decided it would be faster to plunk them down on the desktop. The result? Everything worked! Thanks for all your help last night and today. As undoubtedly exclaimed in other threads: you guys are awsome! Sadly, this won't be last of my "someone help me" topics, as I'm not very astute when it comes to software. Thanks again guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts