Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
I know AVI (divx) can work on DC, I tried it myself, however it is quite the hassle to get it working on DC at good quality, synchronized sound and nice FPS. You need to re-encode your video files before they will even start to play.

Before you going to give it a try, I want to recommend going with tv-out instead of playing it on DC. On the other hand it is nice to see everything up and running on the DC, but only from a homebrew fan's pov :)

This page seems to be an highly interesting one for you to visit.

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Hushy, check the link I gave them ;)

I'd say go with DCDivX, I think you can find the best documentation on encoding for it, and it's got the best speed/quality.

And yes, I think overclocking will help, just like it helped speeding up Snes emulation and tech demos.

·
Banned
203 Posts
Wicked! the thing is with DCDivx is that it only plays a resonable amount of video and audio files. There was another Player, but i forgot it, but i will try to find it again.

Isnt OC the DC wen u clip a wire that is attached to a chip and bending it upwards?

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Oalboukharey said:
Wicked! the thing is with DCDivx is that it only plays a resonable amount of video and audio files. There was another Player, but i forgot it, but i will try to find it again.

Isnt OC the DC wen u clip a wire that is attached to a chip and bending it upwards?
Haven't you registered at dcemulation's forums yet?

I know some stuff about DC and its homebrew scene, but I'm no devver, modder or whatever, and it seems there are only a few other DC fans here that have knowledge about the DC emulation scene. As you may have noticed by now, I try to answer the questions myself but a lot of times I refer to DCEmulation's forums simply because I haven't tried it myself and they know a lot more about it. Especially with your questions I'm nothing more than the link between NGEmu and DCEmulation.

If I were you I'd register at DCEmulation and ask my questions there, simply because there aren't any members with enough knowhow of the DC around here. (we do have Rand but he isn't online here that much :p )

And to be honest, you should have noticed by now some members are getting somewhat tired of your questions as well. Just take a look at the DC emulation page here and see how many threads you created with questions we can hardly answer or plain impossible ideas. Again, go to DCEmulation where I'm sure there will be more people able to answer your questions, just don't be surprised if they consider some of your ideas to be n00bish. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I, for one, already do. Enough of that, Does anyone have any links to a DC O/C guide that has Pics rather then skeches? I would try it, but I need to see the exact chip and pin to "deal" with so I don't mess it up. If you have or could get a pic of your sys that has been O/Ced, that would be sweet.

·
Premium Member
6,403 Posts
It's in Japanese. If it's just a bunch of random symbols, you'll have to change the page's encoding type (in IE, View->Encoding->Japanese (Auto Select)) although you probably still won't be able to read it :p.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Thanks man, that helps more since all I could do before is translate and copie to notpad. It only translated half of the page, it only got up to near the end of the O/c mod part. It's good enough for what I need.

:edit:I was reading through it and I fornd this line to be wrong in a funny way "1 menstruation passing already from sale, also gold defect being, the used item last month you obtained.". Other parts are just hard to read.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.