Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI

Can anyone please recommend a cheap agp card that supports DirectX v9. Is the ATI-9200 any good? I have a V6DP/V6DU motherboard and 1.3 gig Athalon processor running Windows XP. The graphics chip I have is Pro Savage graphic support, which does not seem to be compatible with DirectX 9. I don't want to spend more than 60 bucks...any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Pliers

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
First of all, this should be in the hardware section.

If you don't want to spend more than 60 bucks (what kind of bucks do you pay with anyway?), I think the 9200 will be about the best you can get. But AFAIK it isn't a true DX9 card. But you have to ask the hardware guru's here about that :p

Just know that for 60 don't expect a high end video card.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Thanks for the speedy reply. Yes I know 60 clams is'nt alot but I will replace the computer soon. Is this card Direct X v 9 compliant ?

Thanks

Pliers

·
Registered
153 Posts
Radeon 9550 XT from GeCube is the best mid-range DX9 card at the moment. its a 128 mb/128 bit card that is recognized as 9600 series in windows. it comes clocked at 432/554 mhz (better than 9600 pro). with omega drivers and ati-tool you can nicely overclock it to a 9600 XT (lowest price 150,- euro). 9500 XT costs about 80,- euro at the moment. i have bought and overclocked this card and now i can play everything. even doom3 and far-cry on middle settings, getting average of 30-60 fps. if you can't find this one, go with a 256bit 9800 Pro or something higher. everything else is waste of money

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Well he said he would replace the computer any time soon. It might be wiser for you PLIERS, to save the money for your new computer and put a nice graphics card in that one, perhaps the 9550XT he mentioned.

I checked the manual of my 9200se and it's a DXv8.1 based card.

·
Registered
153 Posts
and Pliers, please keep in mind that not all 9550 and 9550XTs are good. most of them are real crap - clocked at 250/400 mhz, especially the normal 9550s. only the ones from GeCube (aka Gigacube or what so ever) are good and nicely overclockable. it will be waste of 70,- euro if you buy a 9600XT instead. and as we know, there are no other cheap and GOOD mid-range DX9 cards under 9600XT. so as i stated earlier, don't waste your money for weak cards: either find a Gecube Radeon 9550 Extreme(XT) or save some money and go for a 256bit card like 9800Pro or 6600GT

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Moved to Hardware Discussion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts