Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just to test how a Geforce 4 ti200 w/ modded hsf would perform, I borrowed my cousin's old video card. I installed the 45.23 drivers and tested it with 2 games.

Both Kotor2 and Bloodrayne 2 had random repeated freezes in them (still playable, if you have the patience), while 'little' artifacts can be found on bloodrayne. I also experience slow down while browsing my desktop (windows xp)

Now is there any chance that this video card's graphical capabilites are defective? or is the card dead? or my memory is busted? (too tired to test it again with my previous card, maybe tom.)

My cousin told me that if I'll be able to fix the card, I can keep it. talk about saving a lot. ;)

·
Quad Core FTW!!!
778 Posts
Sera said:
Just to test how a Geforce 4 ti200 w/ modded hsf would perform, I borrowed my cousin's old video card. I installed the 45.23 drivers and tested it with 2 games.

Both Kotor2 and Bloodrayne 2 had random repeated freezes in them (still playable, if you have the patience), while 'little' artifacts can be found on bloodrayne. I also experience slow down while browsing my desktop (windows xp)

Now is there any chance that this video card's graphical capabilites are defective? or is the card dead? or my memory is busted? (too tired to test it again with my previous card, maybe tom.)

My cousin told me that if I'll be able to fix the card, I can keep it. talk about saving a lot. ;)

Try upgrading to the latest NVIDIA drivers mb? 45.23 is quite old. I noticed some slow-downs in Half-Life 2 on my dad's GeForce 6800 with the drivers on the CD, upgrading to the latest NVIDIA drivers fixxed the problem. The card might be defecting, maybe BIOS flash it if theres one availiable. It could be getting to hot, if so get a cooler like a Zalman.

Artifacts can also be caused by heating issues. Did your friend ever overclock the card? Was it like this out-of-the box?

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I lowered the core clock by 10mhz then the card started to work properly, although there are still freeze ups occuring when enabling bump mapping on some games.

and sorry for my ignorance, but what is a BIOS flash?

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
Sera said:
I lowered the core clock by 10mhz then the card started to work properly, although there are still freeze ups occuring when enabling bump mapping on some games.

and sorry for my ignorance, but what is a BIOS flash?
http://www.mvktech.net/:nod:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.