Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how much difference will it be if i upgrade my currect PNY Nvidia Geforce FX 5500 PCI(not a typo thats right a PCI :rotflmao: ) to a agp
Nvidia or Ati card. I'm getting 45 FPS on SC & DOA, Sonic MVSC plays full speed.

CPU athlon 3200+
512mb DDR PC2700

thanks

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
I think that CPU is the most limiting factor in Chancast. I still can't get full speed all the time in Crazy Taxi 2 on my machine, and I have a 6800.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Same here, more mhz = better performance.. i noticed hardly anything, if nothing when i switched from a radeon 9500NP up to 6800 ultra.. unfortunatly it does only increase non emulated games i think.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Basicaly, yeah. Emulators rely essentialy on CPU power. Sure there are plugins for ePSXe which make use of more powerful cards, but they aren't essential.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Making use of the information

Kane-Sama said:
Basicaly, yeah. Emulators rely essentialy on CPU power. Sure there are plugins for ePSXe which make use of more powerful cards, but they aren't essential.

There are lots of adjustments to geat near perfect speed. Just do a search for threads here and u will see. The Chankast team has done an outstanding job with this emulator. just put the time in and u will reap the rewards

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
You could try underclocking and overclocking the emulated dreamcast cpu by pressing the + or - key on your keypad.

·
TEKKEN LORD
1,287 Posts
first your card is better than an agp one in the same class
so u dont need change it (for pc games)
second thing has already been said :innocent: ::eek:nly cpu power counts in dreamcast emulation so far a geforce 2 on a 3000 cpu can give better frames than a 6800 on a 2600 cpu
i say go ahead and upgrade your cpu :thumb: just kidding

1 - 8 of 8 Posts