Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm a real noob in all this so sry if my questions will be too silly.

So I just installed and configured the pscx2 0.9.4 and tried to lunch Drakan The Ancients Gates and it goes without errors but the video is 2 times slower than the audio. For example in the intro the video is sometimes being late on 10 sec or so. Is it a performance problem or maybe there's some issue with synchronization in the code of the game that can be fixed? I understand that this is 90% GPU problem but you guys here play FFX normally when my game is a 2001 year game and I've got not very bad system specs:

Pentium D 3.00GHz CPU
GeForce 7600GS graphics card
3GB RAM
oh and WinXP OS

and I get about 20-30fps rate...

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
the reason you get slow speed in video is because your CPU is not very fast for the game. Have you enabled MTGS and DUAL CORE options in cpu config?
You can also try the playground version, since it have speed hacks to make games run faster.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ye, i had MTGS and the other option enabled, but it didn't help much. i tried PG and with hacks enabled the game really goes much more faster (thx for the advice : ) ) but i've got some strange shadows dancing on the ppl in the game and no option can fix it. i was using ZeroGS graphics driver cause GSdx didn't work with my DirectX. maybe i should try GSdx?... i'll update DirectX and check it out...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts