Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Penadinho
Joined
·
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Twin Shock USB gamepad and when I enable force feedback on my games it causes a HUGE frame drop (sometimes to 30fps) when there's a rumble effect, everything works @ full speed when the gamepad is not vibrating tough =/ Does anyone have a solution for this one?

Thanks in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
654 Posts
Try sssPSX, you can use pad plugins with it that support rumble. Maybe they will have less performance impact.

You're using DirectX with constant motor for both large and small? Maybe your pad doesn't have two motors and the slowdown comes from the system trying to drive nonexistent hardware. Try setting large or small motor to none and see if that helps.

It could be a system problem - is your system's overall power drain near the limits of its power supply? If it is, the additional power needed to drive the rumble could be reducing power to your graphics card and therefore its speed. If this is the problem, you should see similar symptoms with PC games that support rumble. Do you?


Dan
 

·
Penadinho
Joined
·
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dbhankins said:
Try sssPSX, you can use pad plugins with it that support rumble. Maybe they will have less performance impact.
I've tried that with PSXeven but the only plugin that supports rumble is the Harakiri pad but the force feedback didn't work in-game even tough it worked fine on the plugin configuration =/

dbhankins said:
You're using DirectX with constant motor for both large and small? Maybe your pad doesn't have two motors and the slowdown comes from the system trying to drive nonexistent hardware. Try setting large or small motor to none and see if that helps.
It does have two motors, I can check/test them on the control panel. I've tried different settings as you suggested and the slowdowns still occured.

dbhankins said:
It could be a system problem - is your system's overall power drain near the limits of its power supply? If it is, the additional power needed to drive the rumble could be reducing power to your graphics card and therefore its speed. If this is the problem, you should see similar symptoms with PC games that support rumble. Do you?
Nopz, everything works just fine on PC and N64 games so I guess it's not a power supply problem either :(

Thanks for the help!
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top