Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm using a demo version of VGS that i got from megagames.com. I found 2 things about it: 1. There's no way to register it from the program. 2. It won't start, it just says "Game Loading", even though my CD isnt even running. What's up with that?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Same way with me, but I get a darn blue screen of death and drains me of complete free memory...........if it's Nero 5.........then the only way to use VGS is to uninstall Nero 5?

·
Registered
874 Posts
VGS doesn't like my Pioneer DVD SCSI drive for some reason
(my old teac SCSI cdrom drive was running fine),
it doesn't start, too... when I am using an ISO with the daemon
tools, it works great :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Cause Nero 5 seems to be the only program I can use to burn cds, cause with everything else it seems the buffer gets underrun all the time on my cdrw.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Well I had the same problems but I was able to solve them

go to the settings of Directx and disable AGP support all problem will be gone.

Ali

·
Registered
171 Posts
i use nero 5 and the vgs , but you can use a trick i dicovered before running the vgs run the tester of the vgs the run again your vgs and every thing will go fine untill you restart your computer you'll have to run the tester again.
:cool:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Buffer overrun... Are you playing a Deus Ex on 32Mb system same time your burning the cd!!?? that'll doesen't work :) ... first make an ISO with DISC DUMP and then burn it on CDRWIN on 1X speed... I'll buy you a beer if you get buffer overrun...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I use Nero because it burns PSX CDs well. I wasted 2 CDs on CloneCd and a few more in other progs before I got Nero (didn't actually buy it, cracked the serial #). Also, Nero there's a feature that when burning an audio CD, it will automatically change mp3's to wave, so you don't have to do it before.

·
Registered
536 Posts
:( Vgs 1.41 won't run cd rom, but vgs 1.4 work for me. i very tried try vgs tester then run vgs, its sound is very bad for my pc.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Hey are you running WinME?
Cause under WinME VGS 1.41 seems to work only when it wants.
So unless you want to play Legend of Mana,use vers. 1.40 or downgrade to Win98(if you're running WinME that is).
And Xenomorph,some of us (like me) are using Nero because we're not only burning PSX cd's,we're also burning data cd's and/or audio cd's.And in that case Nero is the most user friendly,so in the future just don't consider your advice and try to guess why others are using it.
Bye.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Originally posted by Raziel
Hey are you running WinME?
So unless you want to play Legend of Mana,use vers. 1.40 or downgrade to Win98(if you're running WinME that is).
Downgrade?
whahahaha
That s a REALLY good one :D !!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts