Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know for sure if vgs is out of the runnin for emulation after all the posts you see around that say sony and vgs merged and are going to emulate the program further
just thought i would throw that out into the open
thanks for your time

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
if sony bought vgs, is because they didn´t want to let such a program to make at a side to the console, hope that ePSXe don´t suffer that same destiny

·
Registered
668 Posts
I've heard somewhere that at 1st sony was ok with it but then I think people bought more of that than psxes for a month or something and so they decided to take over connectix and lets just say... I don't think they'll be selling any more vgs.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Sony bought VGS to kill it, not to continue it. If you can't beat 'em, buy them. Besides, with the massive losses Connectix had, they undoubtedly jumped at the chance to partially recover their funds.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Maybe with the new funds they have,they could start a new company or wathever...of course they would make a new emulator.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
And that ideal is supposed to motivate a company how? It's kind of difficult to work on an emulator if you don't have the cash to pay your bills.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i think the only reason that sony would take out epsxe would be if it was released to the public at a price like vgs was

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I guess as long as a Playstation emulator is not sold then I don't think sony really cares...or maybe they'er having trouble configuring ePSXe..haha :D

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
I'd prefer to believe the latter. :D

·
Registered
506 Posts
VGS is easy to configure (just for memcards and input). Anyway I believe Sony is unlikely to continue VGS anyhow - because commercial emulator is kind of poison from inside.... if they allowed Connectix to improve and sell it(which by itself is pretty good....) maybe some one will develop emulators for PS2 (not possible for the moment but look at the breakthrough of CPU speed on PC)... that will be kind of hard to stop..... a direct threat to Sony's pocket.

Also look at those latest modchip for PS2...Sony again tried to make them out of business for the same reason.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.