Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've installed VGS on my friends comp and when we played GT2 it kept freezing. All I know about his comp is that it is a k6-2 533 and that it has a dvd drive. Is VGS sensitive to DVD drives or the k6-2?

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
DVD, GT2 & VGS

I feel sorry for you, a whole bunch of people have looked at your topic and not replied. I've got a DVD drive and it works fine. I'm not sure what the problem is. It's possible VGS doesn't play GT2 all that well, but that seems unlikely. I'd say that his computer has problems or VGS just doesn't like GT2.
Sorry, I don't really know. I'll try to test the pal version for you.

·
The (V)ighty |>uffleHuff
607 Posts
its not the DVD, cuz i have a p3 with dvd and it worx great...
id say probly the game's compatibility

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
Originally posted by SHIN GOUKI
hmm....funny the game worked fine for me, and im using a toshiba 70x dvd drive
a 70x dvd drive... tze.. imagine that

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
I doubt there is a 70x dvd drive yet.. The highest I have seen around here is 16x.. I got a 10x dvd drive myself.. 70x cd drives do exists though, but not 70x dvd drives.. DVD drives measure data throughput different than regular cd drives.. My 10x dvd can actually go to 32x cd rom speed.. The 10x dvd is just how much data it can read off a dvd medium.. Regular cds will be read at 24x or 32x cd rom speed..

·
The (V)ighty |>uffleHuff
607 Posts
u sure there are cd roms that fast? the fastest i have seen was like 56x i think....

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
There are a few CD-ROMs that are past 70x, like Kenwood's 72X TrueX CD-ROM drive, but not too many. DVD-ROMs are not nearly as fast just yet. Maybe in a couple years...

·
The (V)ighty |>uffleHuff
607 Posts
couple of years?
less than that id say.....
maybe late next year

1 - 13 of 13 Posts