Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
Recently, I've just upgrade my PC. Before that, I used these hardware to play VGS 1.41 and it worked perfectly:
-AMD K6-2 350
-Raffles something something (I forgot) mainboard.

Now, I've upgrade my PC to:
-AMD Duron 900
-Abit KT7A mainboard.

That's all and nothing else. Now, the big problem is, VGS isn't playable anymore. When I tried to execute the program, the blue page fault screen (I don't know what exactly is it) appears, and my PC crash.
So, I'm beginning to think. Can VGS be played using AMD Duron? I know that it isn't playable using Pentium 4 without certain patch (correct me if I'm wrong), but is it the same problem that happen to AMD Duron's user?
Any opinion and suggestion is highly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
hey man i get the blue screen also.. i cant run VGS at all.. i have the patch and it still doesnt work.. i also need help with the VGS also..

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe...

Hello everyone.
My friend use AMD Athlon, and VGS works perfectly with his PC. I just wondering if it has something to do with the processor. Or maybe it could be my graphic card (I think)? I still use my Nvidia GeForce 2 MX, and it worked well before I change my processor. I wonder.....

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
Try formatting your computer. When you upgrade something significant like a motherboard (which is the core of your computer) then it's recommended that you format your computer, especially if the motherboard contains a totally different chipset. Just format (or erase your /Windows and /Program Files directories) and re-install Windows (clean install) and see if that helps. There's no reason why a VGS won't work on a Duron.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Old problem I think. First run either CVGS 1.40 or the CVGS test utility. Exit then run CVGS 1.41. That worked for me.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally...

Hello everyone.
Yesterday, I 'scrambled' my PC once again. Delete this and that, install this and that, finally I can run my VGS once again. It seems like the problem maybe caused by my sound card. I've formatted my Windows, but the problem remains. After I reinstall my display driver, it still the same. After all that works, I finally decided to reinstall my sound card. At first, there were some troubles with the driver (maybe) as there is no sound come out from my speaker. I almost give up, but after trying a lot, it works. I feel so relief. So now I can play using my VGS again. Thanks a lot to all of you for your opinions and suggestions.
Now, I'm still wondering. Did VGS need sound device to be launched? Because when I tried it without my sound card, the programme won't run. This might be something quite new to me.
Once again, thanks everyone.

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
yup w/o a soun card or proper driver it wont run

1 - 9 of 9 Posts