Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
In limbo
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, VGS is practically *DEAD* now. No more future updates. But do you guys think it's possible to create a 3D patch for it? I mean, take DOOM for example. There's a couple of patches for DOOM that I know of that can run pixel-laden DOOM in 3D.

S

·
0 Posts
it wouldn't be easily...
I think it could be created if you make a Mac or PC emulator that enhances software mode and can run VGS. Not something you'd make in a few days.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
VGS is, IMO, best left for running 2d RPGs. :D

....on a side note, i think VGS is the choice of Pinoys. :D

S

·
0 Posts
i guess VGS is best for most 2D games....allthough ePSXe is starting to get very good at that too.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Not impossible but still very difficult

It has been discussed time and again that can there be a 3d patch for cvgs?But under present scenario its not possible.

In my opinion the easier way is when someone hacks it and makes a completely different software(and thats not easy either).

Even if there is a patch(you never know what geniuses can do?)there will be a lot of issues like a drop in compatibilty,speed,glitches and many more.

Newayz I am extremely satisfied with plugin based emulators but for 2d games cvgs still rules.

Btw if any genius is hurt with these passimistic words about a 3d patch for cvgs and decides to or infact makes a 3d patch please dont forget to send me one of those patches.:D

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
Originally posted by Shiori Fujisaki
VGS is, IMO, best left for running 2d RPGs. :D

....on a side note, i think VGS is the choice of Pinoys. :D
umm, haven't played any game with VGS though, i mainly just try some games out with it, instead of optimizing settings with epsxe, then find out that the game ain't worth crap, that kinda sucks.:(

it has great compatibility tho..:D :D :D

instead of the 3d patch, how bout a scanline patch?, i think it will remove some of the grainy appearance and as well as being a little bit easier to work out...:D :D :D

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
scanlines patch? now thats something interesting and may work as well.

Another one is high resolution patch(not the one at aldos which doesnt work on game graphics).May be if resolution is increased quality will improve.

And yes I too test psx cds with cvgs first.

·
これはバタスです
6,338 Posts
Originally posted by BaD_BURN
Okay, VGS is practically *DEAD* now. No more future updates. But do you guys think it's possible to create a 3D patch for it? I mean, take DOOM for example. There's a couple of patches for DOOM that I know of that can run pixel-laden DOOM in 3D.
glDoom, jDoom (Doomsday engine) and all the other Doom conversions are possible because the source code for Doom has been released and is publicly available to download(source code is the original code used to make the program). VGS is a closed source project, the source code is not available. Manipulating binary code(computer language) is extremely hard work; video rendering code is much too complex to implement. Even if a patch is possible it couldn't be implemented easily, or at all. It's not wholly impossible, but it would be very, VERY difficult and not likely to happen.

·
Registered
8 Posts
the scanlines patch is a good idea, but if someone could figure out how to patch vgs for scanlines i suppose he could patch it for 3d acceleration.....

Irrelevant:anyone tried lma on vgs?

cynop

·
Registered
57 Posts
hmm

A 3d patch for VGS would suck since right now its good without it and compatibility is great, speed etc too, only thing that would be tight is to somehow get scanlines mode into it so it would be actually like a real psx
ps. VGS has the same gfx like the real psx, try palying a psx game with a real psx on a Computer Monitor and you'll know what i mean, if you'd get scanlines to work it would be almost perfect emulation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts