Next Generation Emulation banner

261 - 280 of 299 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
Hello, All!

I have published VGBAnext 6.1.5, a new version of my universal GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, GameBoy Classic, NES, and Famicom emulator:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fms.emu

VGBAnext is currently on sale for $2.99 and will stay this way for another few days. This release fixes tilt joystick operation and a hangup in the German version of Pokemon Sapphire. Also, pressing the BACK button once will now reveal the action bar.

To remind everyone, I had to remove cheats from the app since Google Play started banning any apps which even mention cheats. All you need to get cheats back though is download this file into your "Downloads" folder:

http://fms.komkon.org/EmuAndroid/VGBAnext-Cheats.zip

ALL CHANGES:
* Fixed tilt joystick operation.
* Fixed screen rotation after disabling the tilt joystick.
* Now showing action bar when the BACK button is pressed once.
* Fixed hangup in the German version of Pokemon Sapphire.

Have fun!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
Hello, All!

VGBAnext 6.2, a new version of my universal GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, GameBoy Classic, NES, and Famicom emulator for Android, is now online:

This release enables in-game saves and MIDI recording in situations where the app cannot write to the current folder. In this case, all files will be written to /sdcard/VGBAnext instead. I have also switched to the latest iNES source code for the NES emulation. NES MMC3 mapper and sprite rendering have been fixed. See below for all the changes.

ALL CHANGES:
* Using latest iNES 5.7 sources for NES emulation.
* In-game saves now go to /sdcard/VGBAnext if current folder write-protected.
* MIDI recordings now go to /sdcard/VGBAnext if current folder write-protected.
* Refactored NES mapper #4 (MMC3) implementation, fixed multiple bugs.
* Gunnac title now shows without garbage.
* Fixed sprite rendering at the left edge of NES screen.
* Fixed vibrating NES sound during replay.

Enjoy!

PS: fMSX Deluxe, my MSX emulator, is currently on $1.99 sale:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fms.fmsx.deluxe

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Hello, All!

VGBAnext 6.2.1, a minor update to my universal GBA, GBC, and NES emulator, is now online:

This update introduces the new icons, including adaptive icons used in Android Oreo+. As you remember, I had to disable cheat features to avoid Google staff banning VGBAnext from the store. You can easily reenable cheats by downloading this file to your "Download" folder:

http://fms.komkon.org/EmuAndroid/VGBAnext-Cheats.zip

Finally, my Sinclair ZX Spectrum emulator, Speccy Deluxe, is currently on $1.99 sale:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fms.speccy.deluxe

Enjoy!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
VGBAnext 6.3.1, the universal GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, GameBoy Classic, NES, and Famicom emulator, is now online:

In this version, I have added native 64bit Intel support and fixed gamepad button assignments, among other things. See below for all the changes.

ALL CHANGES:
* Completely refactored File Selector code.
* Fixed gamepad button assignments.
* Now using the latest VGB 5.7 source code.
* Fixed high-frequency sound limit (GBC Frogger).
* Added native 64bit Intel support.

Enjoy!

PS: If you see any bugs, please, report them here or email me directly.

PPS: ColEm Deluxe is on $2.99 sale this week: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fms.colem.deluxe

·
Not a Registered User
1,388 Posts
I already bought your emu but I ain't using it for two reasons.
1. I dunno how to transfer my GBA save files from another Emu "My boy"
2. "My boy" has a neat feature it allows for running multiple games locally with link function, which allows me to duplicate and transfer Pokémon without needing another device.
Save and states are also duplicated so I don't have to play the second game from scratch.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
I already bought your emu but I ain't using it for two reasons.
1. I dunno how to transfer my GBA save files from another Emu "My boy"
In-game save files (*.sav) can be transferred as-is, with no changes. Just call them the right way (you will see some examples after you run VGBAnext and make a few in-game saves). Emulation save files cannot be transferred between different emulators, since each emulator uses its own internal emulation state.

2. "My boy" has a neat feature it allows for running multiple games locally with link function, which allows me to duplicate and transfer Pokémon without needing another device.
I'm afraid VGBAnext does not have this feature. Sorry.

·
Not a Registered User
1,388 Posts
In-game save files (*.sav) can be transferred as-is, with no changes. Just call them the right way (you will see some examples after you run VGBAnext and make a few in-game saves). Emulation save files cannot be transferred between different emulators, since each emulator uses its own internal emulation state.

I'm afraid VGBAnext does not have this feature. Sorry.
Shame for the latter, maybe in the future, as for the former, could you code in an option to select where the sav files are to be stored? As I don't want them to be in the same folder as the roms as they could be accidentally deleted.
Plus then I could use both emulators with ease, "My boy" isn't exactly perfect but it does have that one very neat feature.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
could you code in an option to select where the sav files are to be stored? As I don't want them to be in the same folder as the roms as they could be accidentally deleted.
There is an option to store all sav files in the /sdcard/VGBAnext folder. See "Settings | General | Prefer App Folder". I will look into making it more customizable, although right now it is not a top priority feature.

·
Not a Registered User
1,388 Posts
There is an option to store all sav files in the /sdcard/VGBAnext folder. See "Settings | General | Prefer App Folder". I will look into making it more customizable, although right now it is not a top priority feature.
I did try that, all it stored thou were the state files, savs were still in the roms folder, but I'll give it another try.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
I did try that, all it stored thou were the state files, savs were still in the roms folder, but I'll give it another try.
If I remember correctly, once it sees that sav file in the roms folder, it will keep using it there. Try moving all the sav files to /sdcard/VGBAnext and see if it helps =)

·
Not a Registered User
1,388 Posts
If I remember correctly, once it sees that sav file in the roms folder, it will keep using it there. Try moving all the sav files to /sdcard/VGBAnext and see if it helps =)
Yup worked, but the sav files from "My boy" don't work, in game shows there's no saves and I can't even save over it, after saving and resetting there's no save file in game.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
Yup worked, but the sav files from "My boy" don't work, in game shows there's no saves and I can't even save over it, after saving and resetting there's no save file in game.
Send me a couple of these sav files, I will take a look.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
Here you go.
I only tried one (Spyro - Season of Ice (U)(Lightforce).sav) and it worked fine for me. Make sure the file has correct name. For example:

ROM: "Spyro - Season Of Ice (U).gba.gz"
SAV: "Spyro - Season Of Ice (U).gba.sav"

ROM: "Spyro - Season Of Ice (U).gba"
SAV: "Spyro - Season Of Ice (U).sav"

·
Not a Registered User
1,388 Posts
I only tried one (Spyro - Season of Ice (U)(Lightforce).sav) and it worked fine for me. Make sure the file has correct name. For example:

ROM: "Spyro - Season Of Ice (U).gba.gz"
SAV: "Spyro - Season Of Ice (U).gba.sav"

ROM: "Spyro - Season Of Ice (U).gba"
SAV: "Spyro - Season Of Ice (U).sav"
Ok I've managed to get the save file working, but there are few problems.
For one I have all my roms in zip files to save space, VBA next names the sav files after the GBA file inside the zip, Myboy names the sav files after the zip file name.
Sadly the GBA name isn't the same as the zip name so I would have to rename each file.
Secondly even after this I had to reset the EPROM for the save file to start working at all.
The games wouldn't save at all without resetting the EPROM.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #277
For one I have all my roms in zip files to save space, VBA next names the sav files after the GBA file inside the zip, Myboy names the sav files after the zip file name.
Well, you are welcome to contact MyBoy author and ask him to change how MyBoy operates then.

[quote[Secondly even after this I had to reset the EPROM for the save file to start working at all. The games wouldn't save at all without resetting the EPROM.[/QUOTE]
Could you elaborate on that? Namely:

1) What exactly you have done, step by step?
2) What games was it done in?

·
Not a Registered User
1,388 Posts
Well, you are welcome to contact MyBoy author and ask him to change how MyBoy operates then.

[quote[Secondly even after this I had to reset the EPROM for the save file to start working at all. The games wouldn't save at all without resetting the EPROM.
Could you elaborate on that? Namely:

1) What exactly you have done, step by step?
2) What games was it done in?[/QUOTE]
Well that was a bit passive aggressive, but anyhow the second issue seems to be only with Spyro Season of Ice, here's what's happening, i start the game fresh empty save save folder, i get to the first save point, saves successfully, i exit the emulated game and a sav file is created but once i start the game again it acts as if there was no save file, only new game is available, to fix this I have to go into emulation settings and select reset EPROM to 6 bit and after a restart the save file works and game can be saved normally afterwards, resetting the EPROM to 14 bit does nothing.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
The second issue seems to be only with Spyro Season of Ice, here's what's happening, i start the game fresh empty save save folder, i get to the first save point, saves successfully, i exit the emulated game and a sav file is created but once i start the game again it acts as if there was no save file, only new game is available, to fix this I have to go into emulation settings and select reset EPROM to 6 bit and after a restart the save file works and game can be saved normally afterwards, resetting the EPROM to 14 bit does nothing.
Aha, I see what is happening. Going to fix this.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
Hello, All!

VGBAnext 6.3.2, the new version of my universal GBA, GBC, GB, and NES emulator, adds the modern AndroidTV user interface, based on the Google Leanback library:

If you are an AndroidTV user experiencing problems with the new UI, please, email me. I have also enabled GLES video acceleration by default, fixed a few box art issues, and added a few more tactile feedback options. Finally, VGBAnext is on $2.99 sale this week. This is 30% off the regular price. See below for all the changes.

ALL CHANGES:
* Added completely new, modern AndroidTV interface.
* Please, email me if you encounter any issues with the new AndroidTV UI.
* Enabled GLES video acceleration by default.
* Made box art show immediately after download.
* Now properly wiping current screenshot when box art downloaded.
* Added 5ms and 10ms tactile feedback options.

Enjoy!

261 - 280 of 299 Posts