Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahoy, it’s been a long time, maybe some of you remember me (probably not) but I think you guys would know the answer to my question best.

I live in a very small apartment and I just decided when I moved that I should just get rid of my TV for good, as I don't watch TV and it would take up way too much space. This presents a problem as now I have a PS2 with nothing for me to play it on. Therefore I was thinking of getting a VGA box too hook it up to my LCD monitor.

I was looking on lik-sang and all I saw there appeared to be line doublers, I have been told that these produce a blurry image. I was wondering what and where could I get a decent VGA box. I don't necessarily need one that’s based off RGB but a PS2 specific model would be nice, as I have been told these work the best.

This seemed like it would work ... http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=219&products_id=2361&
but the fact that it doesn't work with every game threw me off.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
I'd suggest this one as they don't have the one I use. Basicaly anything that takes an S-Video or above signal will produce a decent quality image. Sure it'll be blurry compared to your PC games, but it'll be far crisper than a TV.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yea when I was looking at that I was kinda alerted by the use of the word multi-platform. Makes me think that its just using the AV input. I just thought getting something PS2 specific would be best, as I've been told that they lend a better picture and I don't have anyother consoles, nor do I plan to get any more.

But yea, if I can't find anything else I might just get this.

edit: do you have the YPbPr VGA Box Kane?

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
No, I had an S-Video bassed PS2 VGA box. It's just a PS2 specific S-Video Line doubler.

·
Registered
690 Posts
what about this one?
Although reading the reviews I have no idea what kinda monster cable the guy is talking about ... T_T

·
band
4,912 Posts
Heheheh finally motivated myself to drop the money on a vga box for my ps2. Im using this one thats specific to PS2 (it doesnt even use any standard cable, instead, it has that plug that plugs straight into the ps2). Firstly, Im very satisfied with the quality of it. I like it because it allows me to plug in the audio and video connectors from my computer into it and theres a switch to swtich btwn pc using the monitor/speakers and the ps2 using them. It doesnt require any power connection either cuz it relies on this memory card connector thing that draws power when the ps2 is on. Its called "Innovation Ps2, Ps1, PSX compatible VGA Box"

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for all of your suggestions. I really like that innovation model DD, I found a store online thats selling it for a pretty good price too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts