Next Generation Emulation banner

1701 - 1720 of 1720 Posts

·
PCSX2 fan
148 Posts
Wow lots of old members still around. Been gone for a while myself.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,695 Posts
That's.. quite ambitious for an admin. ;)
Seriously though, what rights do you have as an admin nowadays?

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
That's.. quite ambitious for an admin. ;)
Seriously though, what rights do you have as an admin nowadays?
That's a good question. Pretty sure it's only limited to global moderation now. I checked real quick but doesn't seem I have access to an admin panel of some sort... then again, I have no idea where things are in this version of XenForo forums. With that said, the forum categories would need a major revamp now. So many dead sections....

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
Still fighting the good fight

Reactions: MT

·
Aim 4 the stars...
570 Posts
Heavens... it's been ~15 years since I saw/replied to your post. This feels.... so strange.
Correct me if I'm wrong but, did you have an alias that went something like "TheEdgeOfSpira" on Yahoo chat or something?

·
Transcended
1,416 Posts
Jesus H Christ.... dem feels seeing familiar names :ROFLMAO:

EDIT: Oh they flag what country you're posting from now? Thank gosh for VPN :rolleyes:

·
Transcended
1,416 Posts
Haven't logged on in a year (April 12th last year) and haven't posted anything here in 2 years, but I was thinking about you all and wanted to see how everyone was doing.

Been registered here almost 16 years, and my birthday is coming up (I can't believe I'll be 40 in a few years; I'm REALLY getting old!) and I've learned so much within that time frame about economics, human behaviour, history, politics, money, and picked up an even more diverse programming skill set. Life isn't bad, but not perfect either (but imagine how much weaker I'd be if it was) so I won't complain.

I never told anyone this but I had alcohol dependency issues for a few years due to depression and suicidal tenancies until I finally quit over a year ago. Upsetting that genius level Asian girl that really cared about my well being was enough for me to quit cold turkey.

As much as I miss the good old days, I've learned to stop living in the past and embrace the present. Complaining about current year is a great way to have life pass you by when you could be creating your own good times here and now. My "happy place" is like oxygen in a space suit or rocketship in outerspace, you have to bring it with you where ever you go or suffocate.

Speaking of good old days, sometimes I still laugh and shake my head at my old self on this forum during the early days, and I'm sure Elly and cooliscool facepalmed a million times over because I was so immature and socially awkward. That was largely due to limited social interaction when I was younger and having very few people to relate to largely due to the IQ disparity between me and the average "hoodrat" in the middle of this bogus midwest state which I referred to as "the armpit of America without the deoderant". Oh well, I was still dealt a pretty good hand.

Other than that, not much about me has changed. Just living, learning, and constantly improving upon something. So very glad I met that young Asian lady. Without her, life wouldn't have taken the massive turn in the right direction it did...

Shogun
Oh wow, good to hear you're in a better place now. I can't remember facepalming much though. Besides, we really were pretty much kids back then, 15-20 years ago, ne?

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
I was just little over half my current age when I was active on this site... good god...
I feel ya. I realized I was 14 when I signed up here and am now 32. Don't check in as often as I'd like but I still remember to check in so it definitely stuck in my brain... unlike most things I was doing in my teens.

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
hey guys I'm still alive :D

edit: oh God those PC specs on my sig :ROFLMAO: but I met my wife because of that computer, and I still miss my cat (ol' Big Boy lived a good 16 years)

·
Seasoned ePSXe User
636 Posts
Sixteen years is quite a chunk of time to have invested in a site regardless of whether I'm into as active as I once was.

1701 - 1720 of 1720 Posts