Next Generation Emulation banner

1681 - 1700 of 1727 Posts

·
It’s Me .. I still Exist
1,224 Posts
Almost 19 years .. but I was around even before that posting news for PSXEmu and playing Bleem .. every time I stop by here it makes me want to build a new emulation news site lol.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,699 Posts
Hey Keef! ;)
In case you actually make it happen I'd like to join again.
EmuFanaticsForever!

...by the way, I never heard of Dark Watcher again. Do you know anything? He was into retro consoles 10 years before it became a thing.

·
It’s Me .. I still Exist
1,224 Posts
Hey Keef! ;)
In case you actually make it happen I'd like to join again.
EmuFanaticsForever!

...by the way, I never heard of Dark Watcher again. Do you know anything? He was into retro consoles 10 years before it became a thing.
Haven’t heard from DW in the longest time. Wonder what he is up to. As for the site that would be fun. All my old domain names have been taken .. but I can come up with a new one. :)

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,477 Posts
!seen miretank

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
Site's changed again.

·
Narcissist
725 Posts
Huh, apparently I resurfaced last in 2014. Life took a pretty dark turn, unfortunately.

Take care, all.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
make another post so the total is 20002 ;)
Done. However, I used to have 20002, so I think the site change made me lose a couple posts.

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,477 Posts
This is crazy! I even have a spambot private message in 2018 I never opened. I guess she moved on. I'm not a young attractive young man I used to be,.

·
Resident God
46 Posts
nice to see some of the old 2001ers still here haha

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
It's been so so long, absolutely amazed this site still exists, whats new? It doesn't have that nice easy on the eyes dark theme that's for sure!

19 years - just over half my age, talk about memories, I miss the old days of emulating, beta testing, being a perverted poster of "babes" and constantly; excitedly posting FFX pictures from PCSX2.

19 years have seen some significant changes in my life, I've done so much, and changed a great deal.

Seeing user names brings back fond memories, inside jokes, IRC chats and brings a certain nostalgia with it, and a mild yearning to relive those days of tapping F5 to see if anything new had been posted.

Hi, from a 37 year old me, that avatar as sure spun a lot now!

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
About 599184000 times :unsure:

The site does have a dark mode in its settings. It's black and not blue, though.
That’s a darn lot of times! Wonder if it will hit a billion before the site finally turns to ash!

I shall hunt for this dark mode, because my furloughed hermit eyes can’t stand white!

How’s things Samor?

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
33 now, am I old enough for this thread yet? Glad to see this place ticking along.

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,699
Haven't logged on in a year (April 12th last year) and haven't posted anything here in 2 years, but I was thinking about you all and wanted to see how everyone was doing.

Been registered here almost 16 years, and my birthday is coming up (I can't believe I'll be 40 in a few years; I'm REALLY getting old!) and I've learned so much within that time frame about economics, human behaviour, history, politics, money, and picked up an even more diverse programming skill set. Life isn't bad, but not perfect either (but imagine how much weaker I'd be if it was) so I won't complain.

I never told anyone this but I had alcohol dependency issues for a few years due to depression and suicidal tenancies until I finally quit over a year ago. Upsetting that genius level Asian girl that really cared about my well being was enough for me to quit cold turkey.

As much as I miss the good old days, I've learned to stop living in the past and embrace the present. Complaining about current year is a great way to have life pass you by when you could be creating your own good times here and now. My "happy place" is like oxygen in a space suit or rocketship in outerspace, you have to bring it with you where ever you go or suffocate.

Speaking of good old days, sometimes I still laugh and shake my head at my old self on this forum during the early days, and I'm sure Elly and cooliscool facepalmed a million times over because I was so immature and socially awkward. That was largely due to limited social interaction when I was younger and having very few people to relate to largely due to the IQ disparity between me and the average "hoodrat" in the middle of this bogus midwest state which I referred to as "the armpit of America without the deoderant". Oh well, I was still dealt a pretty good hand.

Other than that, not much about me has changed. Just living, learning, and constantly improving upon something. So very glad I met that young Asian lady. Without her, life wouldn't have taken the massive turn in the right direction it did...

Shogun

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I guess I should send some belated congrats for your birthday, Shogun. The site doesn't list date of birth anymore, I guess due to GDPR and such. Mine is listed as hidden as well. I am genuinely happy to hear you've made such progress in life and you're with the one who stood at your side through good and bad.

I too never wrote a goodbye here myself, after all these years. I think it's been almost 10 years since I've "dropped out" of NGEmu, basically when mature life hit. I will always recall this thread discussing if we'd still be hanging out here in ten years, with most of us being rather optimistic about it, guess I didn't last :)

There's been some major changes in life and I had to make some hard cuts on what I'd spend my spare time on. I started out a career in software testing which soon brought me to Germany, where I've been living since 2012. It's quite baffling how time flies, having just celebrated my 34th birthday and realizing I've spent half my adult life abroad. As for Shogun, I need to look forward which is also why I wasn't able to keep visiting here, life as it was with all the travel involved was stressful as it was, with little time left for existing friends, let alone making new ones. Thankfully things have stabilized and I'm in a good place now, having a stable relationship and plans to either move to Munich for a longer period of time, or moving back in the direction of the Netherlands. As I realized there's more to life than funding a decadent lifestyle with a career leading you further away of the things of which I underestimated their importance in a major way.

Nevertheless I'm still enjoying what I'm doing, even if I've moved away from software testing to more specific consultancy in compliance related processes and software, bringing a lot of satisfaction. No Oktoberfest for me this year due to the corona virus, though after 8 runs, I don't think I'll be missing it that much. Guess I really did get the beer infused lifestyle I always dreamed of :p

Cheers guys, you're awesome and NGemu has been and always will be a fantastic memory, having introduced many great personalities to my life. See you around on Steam / Facebook / RL!

Edit:

Interesting bug you got there :D

Reactions: Hard core Rikki
1681 - 1700 of 1727 Posts