Next Generation Emulation banner

1661 - 1680 of 1691 Posts

·
Aim 4 the stars...
568 Posts
Holy shit, this place still exists.. I had to reconfirm my account, lol. My account says I've been here since 2005, but it's in fact longer, since....2002, I think? I don't remember what happened to my previous account.

Edit: Also, I can see the site has gone through a revamp since my last visit, looks very nice!

Edit 2: ....Where is the boob thread?
3 messages including this.

You're the greatest god damn lurker on the internet. LOL.

·
Rpcs3 user :D
780 Posts
Mine is 2003, but I stop posting long time ago, I don't remember exactly when :p. I used to post a lot on pcsx2 forums here :D

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
At this point, us members who joined in 05-07 are starting to become ancient beasts as well.

If my join date was a baby's birthday he'd be dealing with those awkward random teenage boners right now.

Interestingly, ngemu is still the only online community I've ever been active in for any long term.

It was at the time I joined, and several years thereafter a great community. A great group of people, big enough to be a very active forum, but small enough where you could realistically remember most of the active members, and there was enough new threads but not so many that threads were immediately buried.

Sadly, that prime is long over, but I'm always glad when I type in ngemu.com and it isn't dead yet. I've got an odd feeling that verticalscope / some future owner will just go out of business and this forum will die. I always said we should come up with some sort of crowdfunding project to have this be a community-owned forum of sorts, but I'm not share how practical that is. How much is a half-dead forum worth?

·
Meow Meow Meow
1,380 Posts
I'm currently more active over at the GameUpscale discord channel, but will probably jump back into emulation once current-gen emulators such as Yuzu get more mature. Or when Cemu starts properly supporting texture packs.

1661 - 1680 of 1691 Posts