Next Generation Emulation banner

1641 - 1660 of 1727 Posts

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
I forgot about this glorious work of art. Bravo, sir. @snickothemule

I'm considering holding a Ghetto Art 2019 Contest of some sort. Perhaps I could have some kind of award for the winner. Maybe $50 Amazon gift card or something -- something that would work internationally.

Of course, I'd have to make sure at least a few people are interested, otherwise it'll end up being one person and they'll win by default. Which is why it says "NGEmu Award Winner" below my name -- I won some sort of contest years back by default, lol.

·
King of the Maggots
4,131 Posts
Wow...this site is still active. Impressive. Now make it to another 10 years please...just for nostalgia sakes :)
Wow... Elly the banhammer, nice to see you are still alive!

I still can't get over Elly being a male. :(
Neither do I!

Hi everyone who has popped up! Incredible to see some of you after all these years.

18 years now. A lot of warm times here.
Erm.... did you join when you were five or something?

Just came to say hi

·
King of the Maggots
4,131 Posts
18 years of Emuforums :)
In my case I joined 17 years, 4 months, 3 weeks and 1 day ago, it was a rainy thursday and ICQ was the thing.

I wanted bleem to properly emulate ff7 (a schoolmate lent it to me, it was his most precious game) and psemu pro was really confusing and BSOD my WinME install frequently.

They were simpler times, no actual responsibilities at all, warm food, cozy bed, clean clothing and plenty of free time.

It was nice to be here.

·
Premium Member
8,108 Posts
I honestly do not remember how I end up here, probably to get help for ePSXe, or I joined just to be an ass, since the mods were ganging on me, especially Ryos, he's scary. But Bobbi was very nice, so I stayed.

·
King of the Maggots
4,131 Posts
I honestly do not remember how I end up here, probably to get help for ePSXe, or I joined just to be an ass, since the mods were ganging on me, especially Ryos, he's scary. But Bobbi was very nice, so I stayed.
lol, I remember I initially thought Bobbi was a girl, and when I PMed him asking for info, he just called me out on it, back then that was the first time I learned there were no women on the internet.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,105 Posts
This forum is amazing. This is the only forum still alive and i am still coming back once in a while after 10+ years (soon to be 20+ years). I remember there was a nice mod called something like Sxamiga (defnitely spelled it incorrectly but that is the best i can remember). He was 50+, i guess if he is still here he should be 70+ now.

·
Premium Member
8,108 Posts
lol, I remember I initially thought Bobbi was a girl, and when I PMed him asking for info, he just called me out on it, back then that was the first time I learned there were no women on the internet.
Bobbi was my English teacher for a while.

I joined when I just got into internet, and I was 16, so everyone with female avatar was a female to me, I also had a crush on Shiori, she was too cool. :(

This forum is amazing. This is the only forum still alive and i am still coming back once in a while after 10+ years (soon to be 20+ years). I remember there was a nice mod called something like Sxamiga (defnitely spelled it incorrectly but that is the best i can remember). He was 50+, i guess if he is still here he should be 70+ now.
Yes, I thought the forum would be dead when Bobbi sold it, obviously not. I remember Sxamiga, he was the eldest among us, I hope he's doing well and healthy.

·
King of the Maggots
4,131 Posts
I joined when I just got into internet, and I was 16, so everyone with female avatar was a female to me, I also had a crush on Shiori, she was too cool. :(
Looks Like the plan worked on you!

·
Shadow
747 Posts
God this forum brings back some good memories. I was 14 when I joined and seeing my post history makes me chuckle. Nowdays places like this have almost disappeared and it's kinda sad. I hope you guys are all doing well and I wish you all the best. Cheers.

·
Rpcs3 user :D
780 Posts
It's amazing this place still exist!! :D, good memories in fact, it has been a while since the last time I was here...

·
Meow Meow Meow
1,391 Posts
I'm slowing down on emulation stuff... until I build a Ryzen 3000 system next year. Then it'd be RPCS3+CEmu and possibly Switch emu stuff. For now, just trying to finish backlog in my Steam library.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,507 Posts
I know how you feel bruh. 280+ games in my library and less than 25% played. Damn Steam sales...

BTW, do you have a link to any of those neural network upscalers? I'm curious if any of them can be adapted for use with AVISynth.

·
Meow Meow Meow
1,391 Posts
The base super resolution code hub is at https://github.com/xinntao/BasicSR
It's somewhat usable for making videos if you treat each frame as an individual picture. This may cause problems such as flickering due to generated details not necessarily appearing in the subsequent frame.

What's suggested was to use https://github.com/thunil/TecoGAN for videos, so that it is more temporally coherent.

Whatever the case, none of these are fast enough to create real-time upscaling at the moment.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Holy shit, this place still exists.. I had to reconfirm my account, lol. My account says I've been here since 2005, but it's in fact longer, since....2002, I think? I don't remember what happened to my previous account.

Edit: Also, I can see the site has gone through a revamp since my last visit, looks very nice!

Edit 2: ....Where is the boob thread?

1641 - 1660 of 1727 Posts