Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I'm about to go traveling and can only take my laptop so I decided to see if I could take some of my playstation games with me. I got ePSXe, extracted my Playstation's BIOS, and got some plugins. Then as a test, I extracted Legend of Mana's ISO from my disc and started playing.

Everything seemed fine but it seems that after about one or two minutes of actual game time things suddenly get incredibly laggy. It doesn't seem to be a memory leak and the FPS still claims to be getting 60 FPS even though it's much closer to something like 5 or 10 FPS.
Sound also continues to play smoothly and uninterrupted. Everything else on my computer runs smoothly while this is happening and doesn't seem to be a memory or CPU issue.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be causing this?

Thank you for your help.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
is this limited to LoM or does it happen with any game you play? can you post you system specs anyway just in case they are needed later on?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
jonc2006:
I popped in Dragon Warrior VII today and it ran alright. Sound was occasionally choppy and sometimes (apparently randomly) the framerate would drop to around 20 or 30 fps (just guessing, the fps still claimed it was at 60).

My specs are:
Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4G Processor
2GB RAM
160GB Hard Drive
FSB 1066MHz
CPU L2 Cache 3MB

This is the laptop: Newegg.com - ThinkPad X Series X200(745495U) NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo P8600(2.40GHz) 12.1" Wide XGA 2GB Memory 160GB HDD - Laptops / Notebooks

Dragon Warrior VII's behavior makes me think that it could possibly be my antivirus or something similar doing something that causes occasional lag, but whenever I play Legend of Mana whenever it starts dropping frames it will stay like that until I reset ePSXe.

Edit: choppy sound seems to be affecting everything right now. It's not ePSXe, it's my headphones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.