Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm just trying (probably futily) to get a game to work and was wondering about the built in patches. Do they automatically load? I read through the one game in particular that i'm concerned about and noticed that the main lines of the patch were commented. Does PCSX2 automatically uncomment them or something or does the user have to change it manually? *prays he did not violate rules on his first post*

[edit: p.s. very nice job everyone who is working/ed on this :)]

[edit 2: just wanted to point out for humor's sake that for some reason my PS2 bios doesn't believe in the year 2005 :p not looking for an answer for this b/c i could really care less what date my ps2 emulator thinks it is...]

· Familiar Face
5,307 Posts
linkinpark342 said:
I'm just trying (probably futily) to get a game to work and was wondering about the built in patches. Do they automatically load? I read through the one game in particular that i'm concerned about and noticed that the main lines of the patch were commented. Does PCSX2 automatically uncomment them or something or does the user have to change it manually? *prays he did not violate rules on his first post*

[edit: p.s. very nice job everyone who is working/ed on this :)]

[edit 2: just wanted to point out for humor's sake that for some reason my PS2 bios doesn't believe in the year 2005 :p not looking for an answer for this b/c i could really care less what date my ps2 emulator thinks it is...]
Patches are only applied if you go into the Misc menu and enable them (there will be a check mark next to "enable patches". That doesn't necessarily mean that the game you're trying to run has a patch made for it. You can see if there is one already by going into the config menu and choose "patches". Check the list to see if the game you're trying is in there (make sure the region matches). If it's not, then you can try to make a patch using this guide. If it still won't work, then chances are it's just not going to yet.
As for the date setting in the BIOS, it was intentionally made to not save date and time for various reasons I can't recall at the moment.:p

· Familiar Face
5,307 Posts
linkinpark342 said:
Thanks pilot. But what I'm really asking is whether that is the only thing you have to do to use the built in patches even though the lines are commented out
Yeah, the lines that are commented out aren't used in the actual patch that's applied.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.