Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried both Final Fantasy Origins in Final Fantasy FFIX on 1.5.2 and 1.6 and they run just fine, but the computer seems to make a lot of noise when they are playing. Is there any way to stop this? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
are you using a laptop?

btw, my DVD drive is very quiet--i can barely hear it. i still play off my loud CD drive though :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, I'm not using a laptop, and my DVD drive is just as loud :(

I'd like to make an ISO, but there's nothing on here about how to do that. I'm going to guess that it's illegal.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Heck no. I'm fond of Alcohol 120%, myself. I've posted on here lots of times about the best settings to make PSX images. Search is your friend.

What's illegal is giving the ISOs to other people after you make them.

Dan

·
Registered
45 Posts
Marmot said:
No, I'm not using a laptop, and my DVD drive is just as loud :(

I'd like to make an ISO, but there's nothing on here about how to do that. I'm going to guess that it's illegal.
As said, making ISOs isn't illegal as long as you don't give them to anyone else and as long as you still own the CDs (e.g. if you trade the game in and don't delete the ISO that's illegal).

If you don't want to make an ISO then use Pete's CD plugin which allows you to set your drive speed. Set your drive to 4x or 8x and it will be very silent and the game will still play plenty fast.

To make ISOs, if you're playing North American (NTSC) games I would suggest using IsoBuster. It's free, small, and very easy to use. Alcohol 120% is good, but it installs a bunch of other stuff (virtual drives) that can cause problems, and it's not freeware (you only get a 30 day trial).

When you open IsoBuster with a CD in you'll see an explorer tree. The top item should be the CD, right click "Extract CD (Image)" then "RAW". That's it, just make sure you remember where you save the file.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.