Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Emu Author
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well my minor issue is that sometimes, not always, when a battle ends and goes to the screen to give the exp i earned to my people, sometimes the fps drops to below 10 until i jump to the next screen where it goes back to the normal fps of 59-60. this is not a constant occurrence but every so often.

i am using a cd image i made of my cd 1 which got rid of all but this issue and i am using alcohol 120% to run the image.

i have a amd 5200+ and a geforce 8800 gtx and a sound blaster audigy x-fi extreme gamer, all drivers up to date.

i am using epsxe 1.7 with the ogl2 2.9 plugin, eternal 1.5 and the internal cdr plugin.

if specific settings are needed let me know.

· Emu Author
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
not been able to get to where i can test this as i am during an area where there is not much real fighting but another issue i am havign and info i have found has not helped is during select cut scenes. where the sound glitches and it makes sort of a repeating noise until the cut scenes ends, i have seen maybe 3 or so cut scenes that do it, but its only certain ones. any idea how i might solve this minor issue?

· Emu Author
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i use 1.5, settings are:

audio deice is direct sound with buffer size of 22.
audio out method is thread with async mode of smooth.
in misc i have wait for xa buffer is free set.

i have all 3 special fixes set as well.

i have the small buffer size as that seemed to work the best for ff9.

· Registered
1,627 Posts
use ssspsx emu, i get the same prob from all epsxe versions, just ssspsx and your issues will be gone also dont use cheats like infinite hp, that can cause the after battle screw up and give massive slowdowns.... if you are cheating disable them before battle ends and renable them once a battle starts ad you can do that with pec just read the help that comes with pec

· Emu Author
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well having pec turned off fixes both my issues, supposedly there is a toggle to turn codes on and off? its listed as F12 but when pressing it while in the game it does not do anything and for the 2 hot keys to send cheats to the game or disable them, pec must be focused for those to work, and advice?

· Banned
35,081 Posts
yea i just confirmed it is pec that causes the after battle slow down. does that emu play ffxi as well as epsxe does?
ahh.

DON'T ENABLE THE INFINITE MANA CHEAT ON ZIDANE.

Even having the infinite health cheat will cause this sometimes but the mana cheat is what gets it the worst.

· Emu Author
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i went looking around and found the correct hot key for what i want, so now right as i kill the last enemy i disable cheats with the hot key ctrl+A and once i am transitioning back to the field i re-enable cheats and all still works flawlessly, i am pretty sure this will work the same with cut scenes and should be able to test this soon, thanks for the help :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.