Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've been wondering if a ps2 emulator has z-buffering.
And if it does can't we just play PS1 games on there to stop the polys from being all errory? lol
I know that a PS1 emulator has no z-buffering which screws up games at some point such as resident evil, legend of the dragoon, spyro..
There's definitely more but I was wondering if that could be possible ?
Repost please! :]

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
pcsx2 is not backwards compatible with ps1 games and the developers have stated that they will not add it in at some point either since there are numerous ps1 emulators out there already that are fully functional for the most part.

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
the warping effect will occur on a real ps1 as well, its just not as noticable due to the resolution and how far away you are from the screen. you can get things to look far better if you know how to tweak this emulator and the various plugins but keep in mind that emulation is never perfect and you will run into quirks from time to time.

ps2 emulation is extremely complex and the developers do not want to focus on ps1 emulation or including backwards compatibility because it just isnt needed and it would divert their attention away from what they are really looking to create. in fact, the pcsx2 team already made a ps1 emulator- http://www.pcsx.net/

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.