Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off, the game Super Robot Taisen W with a partial translation patch (i have tried without the patch and with, the gameplay is smooth but saving is an issue)
to quote the no$ nds FAQ

7. I can't load any games? I get some sort of unable to read card error? The data could not be accessed. Turn of the power and reinsert the DS card? Some sort of strange japanese/spanish/any other language text when I try to load any DS game? Correct savetype for my game?

Versions before 2.6a do not have an autodetect savetype function and therefore need to be set manually in 'Options->Emulation Setup->NDS cartidge backup media'. In order to find the correct savetype go to a site like AdvanScene and divide whatever savetype it gives you for the game by 8 to convert the bits to bytes for no$gba's use and then set it to that. Be aware that you then have to reset or reload the game for the savetype to come into effect. The only way a game will save correctly is if the correct savetype has been set. Also be aware that some games when started with the incorrect savetype will automatically wipe your save data and you will have to start from the beginning again. UniverseJDJ's Basic Profile Manager allows you to maintain preset profiles for your games which should allow you to prevent loss of save data on versions before 2.6 due to the game being loaded with the incorrect savetype.
If you prefer not to go to AdvanScene every time you could memorize/store this table somewhere.

Quote:
COMMON ---> NOGBA
EEPROM - 4Kbit -> EEPROM 0.5Kbytes
EEPROM - 64Kbit -> EEPROM 8Kbytes
EEPROM - 512Kbit -> EEPROM 64Kbytes
FLASH 2048Kbit(2Mbit) -> FLASH 256Kbytes
FLASH 4096Kbit(4Mbit) -> FLASH 512Kbytes
FRAM 256Kbit -> FRAM 32Kbytes
No game at this stage uses FRAM.
For version 2.6a just set it to Auto. Most games are supported through the Auto setting, but some may require you to exclusively set the propper savetype.
ADVANsCEne - Scene Releases - NDScrc - RToolDS
Basic Profile Manager for No$GBA
i went to ADVANsCEne to find out the save type
i just typed in super robot in t search thing, 2 ds games showed up, and the one i am using is a 2 MB save type according to that site, and to quote the er.. above quote " FLASH 2048Kbit(2mb)" should be the no$gba equevelent of the 512 "backup cartridge media" setting in emulation options, well i changed the setting and hit save options, reset the rom just to be safe, then play to the first save point, i hit yes to save then i get a flashing error text on the bottom screen in japanese

sooooo... is it that its a japanese game that is why it won't save or is it the wrong save type? can anyone help me? i already said te game, super robot taisen w for the NDS, searched ADVANsCEne.com for te save type and set it to the one thats correct according to teh no$ FAQ, and it still errors on me on te save D:

can anyone help? i've tried to provide as much information on my problem as i can

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
Actually, 2048 divided by 8 is 256, not 512, so your Save Type is Flash 256k. That is also what the quote says, BTW.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Actually, 2048 divided by 8 is 256, not 512, so your Save Type is Flash 256k. That is also what the quote says, BTW.

thats not hte FAQ i was quoting, i was quoting the NDS emulation one for no$

oh and i just tried flash256K to save and got the japanese error message, and when i had it set to EEPROM 64 i didn't get the error message but when i shut it off and went to go play later my save game was nowhere to be found T-T what now?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i did, i saved te options reset the game and i get the error screen in japanese (cannot load or something) before i even get to the title screen

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Your eyes went crosseyed on you there, that FAQ is correct and points out that 256kbytes is the savetype required, now 512 as you saw.

This game however suffers from random crashes and other little issues as well at this stage so it's not very playable on the emu at this stage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts