Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I've finally upgraded vBulletin to the latest stable version (v3.7.3 Patch 1) ... we're going to upgrade to vBulletin v3.8.0 once it's declared stable, the current betas still seem to contain too many bugs to upgrade yet.

Coming with v3.7.1, vBulletin adds a new security "feature", which forbids the passwords to contain the username in any way ... so if your username is Bobbi and your password 12bobbi34, this affects YOU.

We've mailed all affected users with new passwords - so if you find a new mail in your inbox with an Emuforums password, this is NOT spam, we really changed your password (if 1% of the users complain, I'll recive 72 mails ... joice :)).

Should you find any bugs related to the forum upgrade, please drop me a pm and I'll fix things as soon as possible. Thanks!

·
Better be better than yesterday
4,098 Posts
What are the new features with the upgrade(apart the "more stability+correction of bugs")?

Just a notice: the pngs "antialiasing" has disappeared.

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Hmm... does this means that user message panels and social groups are returning as well? :nod:

·
You're already dead...
5,472 Posts
sounds cool Bobbi :thumb:
i was wondering what was going-on when the forums were giving me an "upgrade" message :p

Hmm... does this means that user message panels and social groups are returning as well? :nod:
i don't think i was here when we had a "social groups" feature; but sounds fun.
hope we can get back the feature in the near-future :D

Just a notice: the pngs "antialiasing" has disappeared.
hmm yeah, i've noticed this too.

like on my "Edit" and "Quote" buttons, i get a nasty white-pixelated border around them that wasn't there before :dead:

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
I really hope that was a joke (Well I guess it was coming from you) :heh: Otherwise I'd suggest you to start changing your account passwords everywhere ^_^

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
could this be affecting the forum .gif images transparency? some not looking right

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
hey Bobbi, was the upgrade suppose to address the memory allocation bug?

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 24 bytes) in /home/forums/public_html/includes/functions.php on line 240

It is still happening for the closed thread archives forum.

·
Super Moderator
13,069 Posts
That happened with the bin index. Maybe harddeleteing the thread by john aiton named "there is a glitch in the matrix" fixes that (keeping the content of the thread stored in a txt could suffice, in case this was worth reporting an a vbulletin issue). Or just renaming might suffice.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Yeah but the idea is to try to stop new threads from making the same error.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No, that was vbSeo ... which isn't upgraded yet, but is on the to-do list :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts