AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why does it run so slow
any way to speed up??

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Well, the readme says it all about the specs. ;)

...Based on my experiences, I can play games in VBA using a PII 266 and 64MB ram (see thread below), but tend to be choppy when sound is enabled, so (maybe) turning it off will speed it up a bit on outdated systems.

S

·
0 Posts
it won't run fullspeed on my p3 800. I tried Boycott Advance, and while slightly less good, it's a lot faster!

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Originally posted by Xenomorph
:( I got only Celeron 300A, there's one game what runs at full speed but the frameskip must be set to 2 :(
yup I think playing whiot the frame skip do the trick, and if you don´t bother for sound turn it off, for me it is running at 60% having sound at 22000hz and no frameskip, but is just me, and turning frameskip up to 2, go up to 80-90%, just play whit the config ^^

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thats your machine :

Specs: k6-2 500
GeForce 2 MX 400 32Mb AGP
128Mb
13Gig Seagate
56k Usr
52x Creative, 8432 Creative CDR-w, Yamaha OPL-3 Sound

Thats mine :
Specs: k6-2 500
TNT2pro 32Mb AGP
192Mb
15Gig IBM
DSL
52x noname, Lite-on DVD
Terratec 128i

I ont know why, but when I was playing Zelda usin GBA , it works more than nice (or how would you call emulation at 102 % ??? )

·
Registered
360 Posts
for all u guys that said its slow, i just dont understand it. my comp has a 233 MMX and it runs at 100%.

·
Registered
360 Posts
oh yeah, forgot to say that my vboy goes so fast because i got tons of software to speed everything up. one of them is norton speedstart(the others are kinda 'unlawful', so im not mentioning them).

·
Registered
360 Posts
yeh, they do work. you just need a lot of time and patience because they are sometimes a pain.:eyes: a lot don't work, but there are ones that people put time and effort into to make a really good one. like i said before, i can't mention them. oh yeh, a few work especially good with vboy.::D:

·
Registered
425 Posts
I HAVE THE ULTIMATE SPEEDSTER PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
a p4 1.8 256mb rdram...:p

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.