Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 208 Posts

·
Extra Large Member
936 Posts
Many of the bugs you encounter are because this is built on VBA 1.8x. 1.8x introduced a whole slew of new bugs which have never been addresses because that was when forgotten stopped working on it, and no one else has really stepped up to take his place. Currently, the most recent 1.7x versions are much better than the 1.8x ones in almost every way. Some of the newer games are glitched on 1.7, but work fine on 1.8, but aside from that....

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
i have the last beta made by forgotten and none of the so called bugs caused slowdowns...

nice forum btw.. i like the colours

also has anyone ever gotten DBZ 1 to work on VBA.. i own the cartridge.. just wanted to play it big screen.... it says unsupported hardware

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Squall-Leonhart said:
i have the last beta made by forgotten and none of the so called bugs caused slowdowns...

nice forum btw.. i like the colours

also has anyone ever gotten DBZ 1 to work on VBA.. i own the cartridge.. just wanted to play it big screen.... it says unsupported hardware
Just look at the sticky thread! It even mentions DBZ on it!

Forgotten

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
thanks for that forgotten

there is on other issue

the unofficial beta's that spacey has done, the save types don't appear to work correctly

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
no what i mean, is that in your last versions i set the save type to i think... flash 128k and i no longer got the save has corrupted message in the newer pokemon games.

but in this new version it appears to happen again :(

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think I've made some small changes in the save type handling, mostly to disallow the emulator to create save file when save type was set to 'none'. I don't remember precisely if I changed something else...

So, could you post a save state and your .sav file, so I can investigate what's going on ?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
its not save states that im on about, its the save itself.. but i can post it

here ya go.

the save works.. but the corrupt message gets annoying...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ok. I just looked into the save 'problems'.
There is (was) indeed some bugs in the CVS build of VBA (which means 1.8.0b3 don't have them, but Spacy's build has them :/), which I just corrected on my PC (I'll need more time to check I didn't broke anything again).

However, your save isn't "correct". It's a 64k save, and pokemon expects a 128k one (that could explain your save gives a corrupted message). So you should 'duplicate' it to a bigger file (with an hex editor, or in windows commands : rename the .sav file to '1.sav', put it in c:,then use this in the cmd box: copy /b c:\1.sav+c:\1.sav "c:\pokemon sapphire.sav"), and that might correct some of your troubles.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
thats coz i saved it with the new VBA

the 128k save's dont work, and neither does making the ini file to tell pokemon that its 128k

the 128k option from vba is missing as well.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
thats just it, it is 128k in the ini, but the game saves to 64k file anyway, so its not setting the save size properly

in the options it doesn't even have 128k flash.. maybe thats the problem?

·
Registered
20 Posts
There is a bug which affects all VBA variants of emulators except for Kode54's (because he fixed it) and that's when you uncheck "Pause when inactive" the sound is mute... That isn't suppose to happen.

Is it possible that it may be fixed as well in your builds spacey?

·
VBA 2 developer
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 · (Edited)
Thanks for your bug report :D

I just fixed it:
DirectSound.cpp:
dsbdesc.dwFlags = DSBCAPS_GETCURRENTPOSITION2|DSBCAPS_CTRLPOSITIONNOTIFY|DSBCAPS_GLOBALFOCUS;

the last flag was not set.

To the save issue:
I did not add the vba-over.ini suport in my build, because I thought it would not be needed. Moreover I removed the choice between 64k and 128k saves, because I thought auto-detect could do this by hisself.
Guess I was wrong.
I will have a look at that as soon as my broken glasses are replaced /O.O\

EDIT:
I just finished completing the hq3x and hq4x filters, including 16bit.
Do not see it as a WIP but just as a little test build.
Next version shall be a prerelease or a final.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
spacy, the auto detect feature doesn't work on the games becoz they don't specify a size when saving, instead the save is defined by an interger programmed into the cartridge telling it to save as 128k

·
Registered
30 Posts
heh sorry
well im not sure what i changed but the colors in world race now look fine but it looks like scan lines are on even when not
this is effecting world race and demikids light and demikids dark
Naruto Ninjas Council loots almost perfect but the menues appear to have scanlines
im not complaining about your work on this prodject and im glad someone has actively picked up the project again ;)
now if they would release just a few more years of quality games for the GBA
i mean the regular game boy had years and years, color had a couple of years the gba seems to have had a realativly short run

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Spacy, the latest version errors out with a D3dx9_29.dll was not found error.

February Redist is installed, with all the latest and past Managed DX drivers. that file is in the system folder

edit nvm, that file was somehow made to be missing... somehow.

41 - 60 of 208 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.