Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hello,
A few feature requests.

Would it be possible to add a 48KHz sound output ? as most onboard and cheaper soundcard have poor 44.1 to 48 hardware resampling issues.

also for doing the actual sound interpolation, would it be possible to use libsamplerate (as in VBASmooth 6.4) ?

·
VBA 2 developer
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

·
VBA 2 developer
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
tisurame said:
Another request: an option to "keep the aspect ratio", like other emulators have.
Good news for you, I worked on that till 2 a.m. last night. Stretching with aspect ratio is already fine in d3d, I only need to spend some more work on the image centering part.

I needed many hours for this, because VBA now does not calculate the image vertices every single frame, but only when the windows size changes. Moreover I switched from doing the image size calculation right at the vertices to setting up the D3D projection matrix to make 0.0f and 1.0f be the minimum and maximum image position, but already with aspectRatio and centered.

Kind of hard to explain. Alltogether it should be faster now :agree:

We will see what I can do to GDI, but I think I will first release another WIP in some days. Stay tuned :)

·
VBA 2 developer
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I already notices that there were some new problems in the new CVS changes, because some palette data in the Harvest Moon 3 menu seem to be wrong. I think there will not be a problem for me, because I only released WIPs for now with your changes.

I will just wait for your new bugfixes and everything will be okay.

P.S.:
I have just sent you a PM to ask for your contact data.

·
VBA 2 developer
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
VBA WIP 2006_02_11 Download

Hi there!
I have put together another fine Work-In-Progress release.

PokemonHacker is actualy fixing some bugs in the GB emulation core. I will release my 1.7.7 final version as soon as he is finished with fixing bugs. But I also have to complete some things (HQ4x for example).

Here are the changes to the last WIP version:
Code:
- Applied mhamanaka's patch for the jopyad config problems for japanese users
- Updated DirectInput to version 8
- Updated DirectSound to version 8
- Changed DirectX Initializations
- Updated GNU GPL info in every source file
- Removed some remaining SDL code
- Increased code's 64 bit compatibility
- Fixed Tab order for Option Dialog
- Dialog for video settings now working
- D3D: Calculation of the image position is now done only once instead of every frame
- Pre-defined full screen resolutions now keep the current bit depth
- Pre-defined 1024 & 1280 modes work now with D3D
- Replaced TheCloudOfSmoke's color set with a better one, made by PokemonHacker
- Made fullscreen mode select code look better
- Removed remaining GUID variables from DirectDraw
- Added option to D3D to keep aspect ratio (affects windowed & fs mode)
- Removed MaxScale option (it is useless in my eyes and hard to implement with matrices)
- Updated about box
The files:
Optimized Binary [MMX, SSE, UPX compressed]
http://www.magicstone.de/spacy/VBA/WIP_2006_02_11/VBA_WIP_2006_02_11_BIN.7z

d3dx9_28.dll [download if missing]
http://www.magicstone.de/spacy/VBA/WIP20062101/d3dx9_28.7z

Complete source code [ready to compile]
http://www.magicstone.de/spacy/VBA/WIP_2006_02_11/VBA_WIP_2006_02_11_SRC.7z

have fun finding bugs :p

·
VBA 2 developer
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
Sorry, but if the display mode is not shown in the list, the hardware does not support it. Moreover I do not think there are any graphic cards / displays that support 240 x 160.

Why don't you just select the best display mode? VBA scales the image to the maximum, so you do not lose any pixels.
And if you want to take screenshots, there is an extra menu entry and a shortcut for that.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Spacy i love the work u doing keep it up ^^

Edit: I hope u can find it in your heart to add a way that u can dump the sound in to midi... there's only one emu that do that... and ill not pay for something that should be free... now donate ill do that all day long.. but i just dont think u should pay for a emu of any kind...

·
Extra Large Member
936 Posts
Spacy, I think siro is asking for a color scheme filter to make it look like LCD colors, not a different resolution. No$gba has such an option, and I remember reading about an unofficial version of VBA that had it (but forgotten refused to add the code to the official version because the guy had reverse engineered it from no$gba).

·
Registered
21 Posts
2 things:
1.i can't use skins(i can't find the option)
2.i can't play at 1x with D3D...

seeya

·
VBA 2 developer
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I have removed the skin option because I do not like skins at all :D

1x size works for me in every display mode. Are you using pixel filters ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Spacy said:
I have removed the skin option because I do not like skins at all :D

1x size works for me in every display mode. Are you using pixel filters ?
i've tryed using it and not using it =P
thanks

PS:you don't like skins! omg...(i use on from TheCloudOfSmoke that's a gba(not a SP)

seeya

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Good job on the new builds and the new features but theres some serious performance bugs

i set up an older version of VBA and this one to have exactly te same settings and the older version was much smoother.

have tested this on a duron 1100 with a Ti4800se and a AthlonXP 2000+ with a FX5900XT

·
Guardian
162 Posts
Squall-Leonhart said:
Good job on the new builds and the new features but theres some serious performance bugs
I can back this up, I've spend some time testing the older VBA Smooth and all official builds with the same settings... your version is probably best overall but slowest here on my system (especially full-screen somehow). System is a P4 1.7 GHz and a GeForce3. My other system which is a high-end P4 3.2 GHz HT and an ATI 600XT has no trouble at all in windowed mode, but slows down too in full-screen mode. It slows down even more with VSync/TB and a filter enabled (also full-screen only).

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
yes, at 4x window mode it runs normal, but FS its slow.. i disabled my FSAA as well and AF so its not that.

21 - 40 of 208 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.