Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 208 of 208 Posts

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
1.77 was a VBA-S build, and as spacey said, he no longer has that Source.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As a bit of an aside, does anyone know if Dramo1's build is any good? I can't compile for the life of me, and I'm wondering how it stacks up to VBA-S and/or the VBA WIP (the second to last one is the one to get, yes?)

Also, and I realize this is a matter of personal taste, what is your preferred VBA? 1.7.2, 1.8.0 beta 3, VBA WIP, VBA-S, or some other build?

1,834 Posts
1.7.2 fixed build, for the more trustable codebase. 1.8 doesnt look all that... and other builds I didnt try extensively enough to make a definite switch. Reliability above the rest.
can you post that "fixed" build? it play games like teen titans that has a lot of bugs in normal 1.72?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
i prefer 1.72 for most stuff, only using 1.8 b3, and the wip builds for testing.

i didn't really like the VBA-S builds as it had a few to many issues

·
GNU/Linux User
6 Posts
I am REALLY glad to see that VBA is still being developed, as it's the best Game Boy emulator ever created. I run GNU/Linux, and I'm wondering where I can get the source code so I can compile and run it (perhaps even study the code and contribute someday).

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
I am REALLY glad to see that VBA is still being developed, as it's the best Game Boy emulator ever created. I run GNU/Linux, and I'm wondering where I can get the source code so I can compile and run it (perhaps even study the code and contribute someday).
Check the VBA-M section. Its an attempt to have an all-in-one version of VBA, with Link, more filters and more. The stickies document the thing nicely enough

201 - 208 of 208 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.