Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Extra Large Member
936 Posts
What about adding 7z support? 7z has become popular almost overnight (it's been around for a long time, but never got much use until very recently), and it would be great to be able to leaves games in 7z format instead of having to repack them to zip format.

·
Extra Large Member
936 Posts
- Added changes of official VBA 1.8.0 beta3 (including huge core changes)
Does this mean that you've been able to figure out what changes were made in 1.8b3? Since there's no changelist posted, nor even an updated NEWS file in the cvs, the rest of us are in the dark.

·
Extra Large Member
936 Posts
Basically, I'm just trying to figure out whether or not it's worth updating from 1.7.2. I kmow 1.8b1 was actually worse than 1.7.2, so I'm wondering if 1.8b3 is actually an improvement over 1.7.2 (as b1 should have been) or merely an improvement over b1 (not hard to accomplish :-\ ).
Has speed improved? (Sounds like a "no", even if your tests weren't completely accurate.)
Has cheat codes/searching improved? (Does it accept all GB/GBC gameshark codes as valid now? Has it added new GSA/AR codes that weren't previously supported? Any enhancements to the search dialog?)
Any obvious new features/improvements?

·
Extra Large Member
936 Posts
Spacy, I think siro is asking for a color scheme filter to make it look like LCD colors, not a different resolution. No$gba has such an option, and I remember reading about an unofficial version of VBA that had it (but forgotten refused to add the code to the official version because the guy had reverse engineered it from no$gba).

·
Extra Large Member
936 Posts
Many of the bugs you encounter are because this is built on VBA 1.8x. 1.8x introduced a whole slew of new bugs which have never been addresses because that was when forgotten stopped working on it, and no one else has really stepped up to take his place. Currently, the most recent 1.7x versions are much better than the 1.8x ones in almost every way. Some of the newer games are glitched on 1.7, but work fine on 1.8, but aside from that....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.